• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We have a QB right now, can we stop acting like he doesn't exist?

Carolina Cajun

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Foles can make plays that Teddy could only dream of. He scored more tds in one half of play than Teddy all season. And according to the huddle we are loaded on offense.

Panthers are not loaded on offense, but have some nice pieces, and with a good accurate qb like Teddy can put points on the board. Christian Mccaffrey is the engine of this offense though. 

14 hours ago, Monrowed said:

The Panthers offense is used to stretch the field vertically so that the underneath at routes open up. Teddy Bridgewater would be able to make easier passes to the underneath crossing routes. This works between the 20s, but when the field shortens in the red zone the routes get shorter and this makes it harder to make the quick throws. The longer he has to hold the ball, then the more his accuracy may be compromised. 

Which is a result of the oline blocking breaking down.  It's all connected.  Until they get that sorted out you will see inconsistent play all season.

35 minutes ago, NAS said:

OH yes, because a QB of Mahomes' caliber always falls to 15th pick in the 1st round.  What the Chiefs have done is an anomaly, not the blueprint.  It is almost impossible to find a franchise QB outside of the top 10 unless you're really good at finding diamonds in the rough.  Need I remind you we still have Hurney.  Would you trust him to draft a starting QB in the middle of the first round, or even anywhere outside a top 5 pick?

It sounds like you are agreeing with me. We shouldn't take some 2nd tier qb in the middle of the first round just for the sake of replacing Bridgewater. They're more likely to bust than be a star. That being said, if there's one thing Hurney does pretty well it's pick 1st rounders so if I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on that one. 

It's not a stretch to say that Foles can make plays that Teddy can't. It's just fact. Foles has a much better arm. Teddy is a QB who can keep you on schedule and make the plays the offensive scheme produces. He's not a guy who is going to put the offense on his back and carry it. He's just not. As Foxy would've said, it is what it is.

5 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Chiefs won a Super Bowl building around Mahomes. Chiefs never even made it to the AFC Championship with Alex Smith. He was pretty much holding them back. 
They did well during the season and then choked in the playoffs. Kinda see Teddy doing that if we keep him. You can’t play like the way he does, conservative safe play, and be successful against playoff teams. 

They had pieces in place to allow a rookie to come in and be successful, that’s building a foundation. 

5 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yep, the Chiefs went and drafted Tyreek Hill, Chris Jones, Travis Kelce, Eric Fisher all to surround Mahomes with the pieces he needed... Smh

The Chiefs already had a big part of their core locked in. Once they realized they needed an extra push they went and grabbed Mahomes. The built a good team FIRST then went and grabbed their QB of the future. Maybe Sam Darnold wouldn’t suck so bad right now if he walked into a similar situation. The Chiefs did it the right way. The built around Smith, realized he wasn’t getting it done so they went and got Mahomes.

Absolutely 

12 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Chiefs won a Super Bowl building around Mahomes. Chiefs never even made it to the AFC Championship with Alex Smith. He was pretty much holding them back. 
They did well during the season and then choked in the playoffs. Kinda see Teddy doing that if we keep him. You can’t play like the way he does, conservative safe play, and be successful against playoff teams. 

Alex Smith wasn't holding them back, he was always a good playoff QB and was in KC.  However he wasn't elevating the team so therefore couldn't beat the top Tier teams in the AFC.  Mahomes is the dictionary definition of elevating a team.

And i know there are a lot of self-appointed experts on Teddy Bridgewater here in Pantherland, that have probably watched maybe 2-3 games of his in their lifetimes before CAR, but Teddy might not be Mahomes, but he is the last QB to "choke" during a game.  he has multiple game winning drives in his career including against the SB champion Seahawks in the playoffs in sub-zero temps.  The only reason they didn't advance was the kicker missed a 27-yd FG.  Teddy was brilliant and every single one of his teammates and coaches will tell you that.

4 minutes ago, Pantherfan84 said:

No people want to come on here and say we want this team to not win any games so we can take a QB that we have no idea will be anything. Truth is hardly any number 1 pick qbs have ever amounted to anything. People should be pulling for this team to keep winning and bring in a winning tradition every year. 

I want the Panthers to win and win consistently. I don’t believe Teddy brings that to the table. There are very talented QBs in this upcoming class that I believe have much higher upside than him. Teddy has never made it to 15 touchdowns in any season, even his time as a starter early in his career. He’s not on pace to make it to 15 this year either. I see lots of good and uplifting storylines on this time. Teddy off the field is one. Teddy on the field is meh. Not everyone needs to have on rose tinted goggles and believe everything is better than it really is. 

Archived