• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's time to start giving Teddy Bridgewater the respect he deserves"

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Haven't you heard? There aren't Teddy disrespecters, just people that question Teddy's abilities with laughably bad takes in a pathetic attempt to bait posters that didn't like Cam only to instead come across as the hypocritical douchenozzles themselves.

Schitts Creek Hair Flip GIF by CBC

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

lol this board...

Same posters that spent all off season recycling the same junk while never having watched Teddy play are going above and beyond to save their precious huddle reputation 

They can recycle their bad takes, the bottom line is this coaching staff, this team, people that watch football and understand it know Teddy has been balling.

What's been most impressive is he's playing the mental game beating defenses before the snap. Like when audibled Samuel into the backfield to convert the 3rd down with a run play.

10 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

They can recycle their bad takes, the bottom line is this coaching staff, this team, people that watch football and understand it know Teddy has been balling.

What's been most impressive is he's playing the mental game beating defenses before the snap. Like when audibled Samuel into the backfield to convert the 3rd down with a run play.

Woa there, that wasn't a smart move by Teddy. That was a smart design and installation as an audible by Joe Brady. Let me make a tongue in cheek comment now about Teddy's ability to hand off the football.

Now let me hop in another thread where I've gaslit a drunk instead of sticking in the one that I'm getting dragged for my "critique" in.

1 hour ago, Pimpdaddy said:

passing accuracy is a hell of a drug...

Yes it is.  And while I'm still a Cam stan (even though I'm Panthers first), Teddy is significantly better at anticipation than Cam is IMO.  

Cam, while streaky, is great at reading defenses and making good throws for the most part, but where Teddy delivers the ball versus Cam is better.  Both can get it to the right guy accurately, but Teddy is doing a better job of setting the receiver up for YAC.

Cam has superior arm talent, athleticism, and is the greatest power running QB of all time.

But it is clear that a lot of people, me including, underestimated what Teddy can do in this offense.  This offense is the most fun to watch since 2015.  And I'm not saying that to shade CMC.  He has been unreal and fun to watch the last 2 seasons, but we all know that just like with Cam having a one-man offense is not sustainable forever.

Anyway, this season is fun.  That's all we can ask for after such a lousy year.

5 minutes ago, Icege said:

Woa there, that wasn't a smart move by Teddy. That was a smart design and installation as an audible by Joe Brady. Let me make a tongue in cheek comment now about Teddy's ability to hand off the football.

Now let me hop in another thread where I've gaslit a drunk instead of sticking in the one that I'm getting dragged for my "critique" in.

honestly who is doing that? in all seriousness and satire aside i really havent seen anyone legitimately saying teddy is a bad player.

edit: and i don't think calling him a stopgap is the same as an insult given the metric for success is an unequivocal franchise guy

17 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

How many of those with Superbowl rings?

OO I want to play.... Strongest arms... Jamarcus Russell, Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper, Jeff George and D. Mcnabb! 

They were know to have the strongest arms in NFL history. Their arms carried their teams to a super bowl victory too, oh wait....

5 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Yep, which is exactly why he tends to win games. He understands the game. 

This was my favorite throw from him yesterday. Give me timing/anticipation over arm strength all day long

23 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

How many of those with Superbowl rings?

So first you said "None" . . . now you want to know about SB winners?  Make up your mind.

Well, for sure Elway and Favre have rings.  Edit: Stabler has a ring too.

In addition to the ones I already named, here are some big arm QB's with rings:  Bradshaw, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien.

9 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yep, which is exactly why he tends to win games. He understands the game. 

This was my favorite throw from him yesterday. Give me timing/anticipation over arm strength all day long

Can't get a tighter window than that. That was a huge throw on 3rd down. 

4 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Got a buddy that’s a Viking fan...he loved teddy and thought it was a huge mistake to let him go

told me he’d be really good for us 

also said he’d stand up for what he believes, but without all the drama

I always thought the Vikings kicked themselves in the groin on that one, too.  It seemed like they let him go assuming his career was over after the injury.  Only to go through a revolving door afterwards of Bradford, Keenum, and Cousins which sounds like a bad law firm.

People get hung up on arm strength.  Let's not forget a guy who led his team to four Super Bowls and did not exactly have a howitzer hanging from his shoulder.  What was his name again...Idaho?  Wyoming?  It was one of those big sky states. 

Poise, accuracy (not just completion percentage, but where the ball is placed for the receivers), and the ability to read and anticipate mean a lot at the position.

Archived