• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com shows us some love

CarolinaSunday

Well, Adam Schein does.

The relevant part of the article:

"The new-look Carolina Panthers are cooking.

I spent much of the offseason lauding the Panthers' extreme makeover across multiple media platforms, including this one. Carolina absolutely nailed its choices for head coach (Matt Rhule), offensive coordinator (Joe Brady), quarterback (Teddy Bridgewater) and receiver (Robby Anderson). And it shows, with the Panthers stunningly tied for the NFC South lead at 3-2.

Rhule is amazing -- and I don't remotely hesitate to use that word. What he did in college at Temple and Baylor was simply sensational. Getting Brady, the LSU offensive mastermind, to join him in Carolina was genius. Brady and Rhule getting Bridgewater to come play quarterback was everything. Brady and Bridgewater already had a pre-existing relationship from the season they spent together in New Orleans. And when the Jets foolishly let Anderson walk in free agency, his old Temple coach swooped in with a savvy two-year, $20 million deal. Just a deep threat? Not quite. Anderson ranks third in the NFL in catches (36) and receiving yards (489), and fourth in yards after catch (223).

I routinely made the case this past offseason that Carolina has the right guys in place, but that the Panthers' 'success' shouldn't be judged by wins and losses. Well, looks like I was selling this upstart group short. Despite the fact that the best running back in the NFL (Christian McCaffrey) has been on the shelf since Week 2, Carolina's riding a three-game winning streak. The defense still has holes, but as that youth grows -- and is eventually supplemented by more talent next offseason -- watch out. I LOVE where these Panthers are going."

Archived