• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

List of QB's taken in top-6 picks since 1999 (20yrs).

SizzleBuzz

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A lot of QBs who are better than our current one. You could just actually state your point instead of playing the internet equivalent of the "I Spy" children's game.

You're overlooking two big factors on your list while touting the lack of rings though. 1. Top picks are almost universally drafted into awful team situations. 2. A lot of these guys are still young and have a lot of football left to play.

After 2013, on the list who do you feel is a better QB than TB? I noticed you said a lot. I see very little.

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I've drawn no conclusions nor am I touting anything. 

It's simply a list that looks interesting and I was curious what others might think about it. 

That said...that your immediate and first written thought was to denigrate Teddy -- is telling.

I think it's telling that you view an opinion of Player A or Players A, B, and C being better than Player X to be 'denigrating' to Player X. Word in quotes since it's your specific word.

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Year:  Player (pick#), Player (pick #)

2019:  K. Murray (1),  D. Jones (6)

2018:  B. Mayfield (1), S. Darnold (3)

2017:  M. Trubisky (2)

2016:  J. Goff (1), C. Wentz (2)

2015:  J. Winston (1),  M. Mariota (2)

2014:  B. Bortles (3)

2013:  N/A

2012:  A. Luck (1),  R. Griffin (2)

2011:  C. Newton (1)

2010:  S. Bradford (1)

2009:  M. Stafford (1),  M. Sanchez (5)

2008:  M. Ryan (3)

2007:  J. Russell (1)

2006:  V. Young (3)

2005:  A. Smith (1)

2004:  E. Manning (1), P. Rivers (4)

2003:  C. Palmer (1)

2002:  D. Carr (1),  J. Harrington (3)

2001:  M. Vick (1)

2000:  N/A

1999:  T. Couch (1),  D. McNabb (2),  A. Smith (3)

So what does this data set tell us?

That too many teams missed on guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, Big Ben 

They made mistakes and the idiots who say we don't need a top pick are betting their life on the other teams missing on the next Aaron Rodgers and Marty being the only guy on the planet to see him.

That's leaving your destiny entirely in other people's hands.

2 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I took this as we need to trade up to Draft Lance. That's what I took it as. LOL. 

It really is just a list, no significant point or agenda attached to it...pretty surprised at some of the reaction (at least what's not muted).

Is Lance worth a top-6 pick?

These kinds of arguments are so bad. It’s just like saying we don’t want the #1 pick because QBs picked at #1 have only won X Super Bowls. 

If you want to make a point, you need to give a data set for comparison. For example, compare QBs picked in top 6 to QBs picked 15-21 or something, assuming that it is a similar sample size. Like if we don’t want to pick a QB #1 overall, is there a specific pick that we should be shooting for? Just saying hey look at this tiny sample size vs the field of 300 other picks plus UDFAs and every other conceivable avenue a player could take to reach the NFL is just asinine.

17 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

It really is just a list, no significant point or agenda attached to it...pretty surprised at some of the reaction (at least what's not muted).

No. 

Lance's resume is 1 year of small school football.  

Just now, CRA said:

No. 

Lance's resume is 1 year of small school football.  

And he looked terrible throwing the ball in his one outing last year. It concerns me that he doesn't want to come back in the spring once NDSU resumes their schedule and try to rectify that performance. I wouldn't want that to be my last film on tape.

I wouldn't take Lance in the first round.  Period.   

He doesn't have the resume.   And to not have the resume you need to then check all the freak prototype checkboxes....which he doesn't do that either.    

33 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Top 6? No, he won't go that high in my opinion, unless a team becomes enamored with him. If they do, and they start him immediately. They will be making a mistake. He needs seasoning. He's rare like a steak, let him sit out a while. 

Archived