• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Industry sources are watching the Panthers for potential GM opening

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

"Industry sources are watching the Panthers and Giants for potential openings, and some believe Washington will hire a general manager at some point as well."

That's it, folks!

That's all there is! No need to look further.

Our Ex GM, our Ex & current GM, and the dysfunctional team who hired our Ex Coach.  Wholeeee lotta Panthers stink in that list of teams. 

Please God let Tepper have nailed the coach selection AND nail the GM selection. 

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I'm assuming the last part is a joke. What he did in his previous tenure is history. I don't see anything he's done in his current tenure to warrant the hate he gets. Has he made all perfect decisions..No, but neither have any of you. He's been a part of where we are now and where we are has exceeded everyone's expectations. Let's build from where we are, towards where we're going!

Examples of similar logic:

"Hey, Ron Rivera didn't lose all of his games. We should have kept him."

"Tahir Whitehead is part of our overachieving season. Let's extend him."

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

"Industry sources are watching the Panthers and Giants for potential openings, and some believe Washington will hire a general manager at some point as well."

That's it, folks!

That's all there is! No need to look further.

Gettlemagic is coming back baby!

images.jpg.bafecd30026d39922bb0ebb9f7f2d062.jpg

2 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I'm assuming the last part is a joke. What he did in his previous tenure is history. I don't see anything he's done in his current tenure to warrant the hate he gets. Has he made all perfect decisions..No, but neither have any of you. He's been a part of where we are now and where we are has exceeded everyone's expectations. Let's build from where we are, towards where we're going!

2018 draft with an extra 3rd - DJ and meh, including Donte

2019 draft with an extra 3rd again - Burns

Traded up for Little and ignored IOL for 2 straight drafts and missed a chance to get McCoy at C and Evans/others at G. Now we have Paradis signed in 2021 and no other starting OL signed after this year. That's what happens when you have two drafts where we basically get two starters and below average or nothing for the rest.

Spent a ton a ton of cash and cap on players like Poe, McCoy, Paradis, Smith, Searcy, etc. to try and be competitive and got 1-15 in the second halves talent.

Extended Gano over Butker and wasted a bunch of cap space. Restructured Short and didn't release him before this year wasting $13M more. Signed Shaq to the 6th highest non-edge rusher LB salary over Bradberry, who's been graded as a top 3 CB this year.

There's probably a ton more, but that's just top of the head. Thankfully, he's been relegated to a figure head. You want to give him credit for exceeding expectations when we know Anderson came for Rhule and Rhule gave credit to Teddy to someone else. Also, 4 of the 7 draft picks were directly related to our coaches either playing for, against or recruited.

Marty pre-Rhule had two awful years. There's a reason why we are all surprised this year, that's because Marty had pilfered the talent from a team that went to 4 playoffs in 5 years. The coaches have us excited for the future because they got this team playing above their heads and for the most part (sans Whitehead) did well with their picks/FAs.

3 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

No. I could care less about right now. He never even got a job offer when he was fired the first time, that should tell you something right there. He has the stink of the old regime and we will never be able to complete a “rebuild” till he is gone. His name is trash, he is trash and he never should have been rehired. 

Archived