• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

panthers win 2-4 more games this season

Jorgie

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

No McCaffrey, injured Bridgewater, defense getting worse. If they win 2 more I'd be surprised. WAS is the only game left I feel even remotely confident the Panthers should win.

I think they could beat the Bears.   I don't care what the BRONCOS record is.  That is a team with bad offense and only pretty good defense. 

If we play w/ Teddy and CMC we can beat them.   But I only see Wash and Chi as games we can win. 

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

No McCaffrey, injured Bridgewater, defense getting worse. If they win 2 more I'd be surprised. WAS is the only game left I feel even remotely confident the Panthers should win.

washington, and denver should be wins. detroit and minnesota should be competitive. new orleans if the rest could be close. and i dont see us beating rodgers.

a twist or turn here or there and 2-4 wins seems reasonable

Just now, Jorgie said:

washington, and denver should be wins. detroit and minnesota should be competitive. new orleans if the rest could be close. and i dont see us beating rodgers.

Unless Dalvin Cook is out, Minnesota is going to destroy us on the ground. Need to exorcise some demons to beat Denver. I'd be surprised if Detroit is a close game, just got a feeling they are going to whoop us.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think they could beat the Bears.   I don't care what the Bears record is.  That is a team with bad offense and only pretty good defense. 

If we play w/ Teddy and CMC we can beat them.   But I only see Wash and Chi as games we can win. 

wait are we going back in time? I thought they already played chicago

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think they could beat the Bears.   I don't care what the Bears record is.  That is a team with bad offense and only pretty good defense. 

Yikes this is awful. I think you mean Detroit clearly, but you actually are talking about the Bears so I'm legit confused. 

This season has made some of our mods go dumb dumb. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

To be fair, I doubt we lose out. We still play the Lions, Vikings, Broncos, and Football Team (LOL!). Someone has to win those games. I doubt we'll go 0-4 in them.

Broncos and football team are the best bets for W's, sadly. Vikes have played much better in recent weeks, even beating the Packers. Lions have a good offense so that should be a shootout, maybe. 

I also don't count Rivera's way to pump up his team. A few years ago, Carolina looked downright awful heading into Foxboro, and that team found a way to bet the Pats and EVERYONE thought we were going to lose. 

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

To be fair, I doubt we lose out. We still play the Lions, Vikings, Broncos, and Football Team (LOL!). Someone has to win those games. I doubt we'll go 0-4 in them.

Lions without Teddy is a loss. Vikings is a loss (they've been playing much better as of late and Cook is going to cook us). Broncos is a toss up. Washington probably win, but certainly possible that Rivera coaches out of his mind against us and they beat us.

33 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

Washington has the #1 rated secondary.  Denver has a good D too.  Detroit game is winnable but our defense is terrible getting off the field so that's a toss up.  Minnesota is going to wear us out in the run game.   

We have a better chance of beating GB than New Orleans.  GB defense is not that good.  They almost lost to Jacksonville. 

New Orleans will be jocking for playoff seeding and will not play us with 2nd team players. 

The word is out on us.  Blitz the shyt out of us and make Teddy beat them.   Ain't going to happen. 

Of those four games, the Vikings are the only team that may have shaken off the cobwebs.  There are two versions of the Lions: the good one and the bad one, and sometimes both rotate being on the field in a given game. 

Washington has had one good game (thankfully, it was against Dallas so there is an order in the universe).  Denver showed up for a couple of games, is not awful from top to bottom, but that is a winnable game.

I don't see us facing the good version of all four of those teams, and probably not the bad version of them all, either.  Split the difference and we see two more wins.  But, our defense has to get off the field when we have an opponent on third down or, heaven forbid, create some turnovers.

Green Bay is a tough call.  There is no doubt they are a much better team than we are, but they have a habit of going into a funk and playing down to the level of their opponents.  I certainly would not expect a win there, but would it surprise me if we were in it until the end?  Not at all.

There is something to be said for using these last six to evaluate unknown players for next year.  

Then again, as the gentleman on my avatar would say, "I know nothing...."

Archived