• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting graph, offense and defense

AU-panther

Seems like we are middle of the pack on offense and defense, which is a little surprising for the defense and a bit disappointing for the offense.

This graph takes into account your opponents averages.  For example holding Seattle to 25 points, which is below their average, would be better than holding the Jets to 20 points, which would be above their average.

This is what I've tried to tell people on this board for weeks now as they continue to harp on how bad Phil Snow might or might not be.  The bottom line is that our defense is "average".  Yea, we give up a lot of yards, but relatively few points.  For a defense with as little talent as we have, to be "average" in terms of allowing points is frankly outstanding.  Phil Snow can't get out there and, you know, tackle for them.  I'm looking at your Tre Boston, Donte Jackson and Tahir Whitehead.  Look, I don't *KNOW* if Snow is any good or not - we can't tell with the talent level we provided him to work with.  In a couple years, if our talent level improves and our defense doesn't, that's on Snow.

Honestly, I agree that our offense has been disappointing.  It's (unfortunately) the same as our defense.  We move the ball but fail to score enough points.  Frankly, our offense is even worse than it appears.  We've been getting bailed out by our special teams converting fourth down on fake punts and even going to four downs on offense.  It just shouldn't come to that.

This graph takes opponents into account which is great, because our schedule has been (and will continue to be) a tough one.

Archived