• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more defending Teddy...

WOW!!

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

No kidding. I never got the if we got Trevor Lawrence we can’t build a team around him, only if we have a QB like Teddy can you build a good team around him. The better the QB the more easily you can build a winning team. There is no way to argue against that. Teddy is 100% not the answer and maybe starting Will Grier all year would have put us in a potential position to grab a top QB. It would have been hard to out do 0 and 1 win but maybe close enough to trade up.

Who on earth said that?

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

These are growing pains you overly optimistic knee jerk fans don’t seem to comprehend.

Peices are there but a team isn’t. Coaching talent is there but experience isn’t.

Everyone realistic fan knew this would take time and the team has shown they’re moving in a positive direction if you understand what you’re watching.

Things will change in the coming years, including QB, and it will be good. 

Yup, this is it. This was an extremely painful loss, so I can understand why there's so many kneejerk reactions, but my opinions remain pretty much unchanged. Outside of whatever sliver of hope I had left for Teddy being stabbed 30 times.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

These are growing pains you overly optimistic knee jerk fans don’t seem to comprehend.

Peices are there but a team isn’t. Coaching talent is there but experience isn’t.

Everyone realistic fan knew this would take time and the team has shown they’re moving in a positive direction if you understand what you’re watching.

Things will change in the coming years, including QB, and it will be good. 

People understand all this. Outside of paying a guy $64 million who was trash at his position before we brought him in. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Who on earth said that?

Everyone arguing against tanking (basically starting Grier) said that. I never got it but their argument was that we can build a winner around Teddy instead. I always countered that if we have a winning team around Teddy that you have a multi-SB contending team around Trevor. I never got a single response to why does team building stop if we got Trevor.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Actually, making Robbie go out of bounds cost us the game. If he throws a better ball, Robbi walks in and we score 4 more points and have a 10 point lead instead of 6.

Great decision by Teddy, mediocre execution, leading to a huge gain but missing an easy bomb TD.  That miss in part cost us the game. It resulted in us needing a muff, then needing the TD at the 4 yard line, that led to the DJ injury.

1 minute ago, WoahW said:

Missing a wide open WR in the end zone and making a guy run out of bounds when he’s 10 yards behind the entire defense isn’t decent, it’s trash at best 

For a good portion of the second half, he was decent.

Unfortunately, outside of the one really good pass to Samuel, his final game drives weren't any better than in prior games.

He's just not the guy you want leading your team in the fourth quarter.

5 minutes ago, WoahW said:

People understand all this. Outside of paying a guy $64 million who was trash at his position before we brought him in. 

Bottom line contract numbers don’t matter - it’s the structure. His contract is structured so he can be replaced after two years.

It also doesn’t matter because this team cannot be competitive with this defense, period. They’re slowly coming along but no one at QB would’ve helped. History shows is simply isn’t possible. And that has nothing to do with his contract.

The team is in perfect position to cut him for no loss after two years as the defense and coaching will begin to peak and a franchise qb is found, which contrary to the huddle may mean more than simply spending one high pick in a single draft.

Especially with Hurney.

Archived