• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We really needed this loss guys.

Snake

19 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

If he makes that throw we win. Correct. That is not the same as being the only reason we lost. If you can't understand the difference, I do not have the time to explain basic logic to you. Should have picked that up in school.

I never said that. I said your comparison doesn’t make sense, and it still doesn’t. I also said that Teddys throw did single handle cost us the game, which it did. Just because you don’t understand fallacy doesn’t mean you’re right. 

5 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I never said that. I said your comparison doesn’t make sense, and it still doesn’t. I also said that Teddys throw did single handle cost us the game, which it did. Just because you don’t understand fallacy doesn’t mean you’re right. 

Now you're talking yourself in circles and not making any sense yourself.  Failure can and in a football game almost always does have multiple factors. That is a separate consideration from the fact that a single situation has the possibility to clinch a game. Teddy's failure to make that throw was a contributing factor to the loss. It was part of the team's overall failure to score in a situation that competent NFL offenses should almost always score a TD in. It was not the sole component of that failure and that is the point I was making. This isn't a complicated idea, so stop pretending it doesn't make sense.

People want to talk about a 54 yard field goal instead of a 7 yard pass with a wide open DJ?  Also let's not forget when Teddy missed DJ on a wide open deep ball in the first half. I can't wait to see DJ with a legit NFL QB. Teddy was bad again today, these two missed opportunities are only examples of Teddy missing opportunities all of the time.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

Before the game we were sitting at the 10th pick. Now with the Falcons ahead of the Raiders we win tie breakers we are picking 6th! Huge jump and a win within a loss. 

This is great news. Draft could fall and give us Sewell. And we’d be in position for a top DB in the second round.

I think the cost will be too high to trade up for a top QB but someone is bound to fall.

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

For 6th overall? Please god no...

no need to get desperate.

I truly don't think it is.  I absolutely love Fields, but do believe Wilson could be pretty exceptional.  Word is very high on the NFL scouting streets for Zach.  Good decision making, great arm, he's got the intangibles, size is not an issue, no statue, and fits multiple systems. 

Don't know enough about Lance, Trask is a toss up, and the likes of Newman and Mond are not on the radar. 

10 minutes ago, Thompcat said:

Are you afraid that Wilson's shoulder may not hold up in the NFL. He is a small frame type of guy. 

Shoulder is good.  He doesn't have the broadest frame but he's not much different than some other recent successes.  It's a case where I totally understand why there could be some trepidation, but I'm bought in.  I've never really been a bandwagon college player fanboy but he just has something I'm willing to take to the sauna rocks.

Quick edit add: He's my #3 though bc Fields and of course Lawrence are simply better but I think you take a stab with Wilson over Trask & Lance and a top-7 pick can be argued in my book.  He could be the Taylor Swift to our Bon Iver.

Archived