• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beane versus Hurney

ADR

Took the Bills a little bit to get started as it will the Panthers.

Unfortunately I think the hindrance will in fact be Hurney, otherwise we have the pieces in place. I don’t understand why they can’t just make him a head scout. He shouldn’t be handling the cap, FA and contracts.

7 hours ago, onmyown said:

Took the Bills a little bit to get started as it will the Panthers.

Unfortunately I think the hindrance will in fact be Hurney, otherwise we have the pieces in place. I don’t understand why they can’t just make him a head janitor. He shouldn’t be handling the cap, FA and contracts.

Fixed it for you.

On 11/30/2020 at 1:49 PM, Mr. Scot said:

You can fault Tepper for keeping Hurney, but Beane was gone well before he bought the team.

Can't really put that on him.

I think he was in a poor situation to fire Hurney with absolutely no one behind him. Hopefully that was the reason. I mean Hurney did hire Rhule and that seems like it was a good idea with other coaching prospects failing pretty hard. 

4 hours ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

Yeah, I haven't been a huge Hurney fan for a long time now so I'm going to be biased and say the grass is greener on the other side when I'm wishing we had Beane all the way especially since he was groomed here. 

To be honest we should have fired Rivera and Hurney and kept Beane and McDermott. But Jerry gonna Hurney. 

On 12/3/2020 at 8:59 AM, Snake said:

To be honest we should have fired Rivera and Hurney and kept Beane and McDermott. But Jerry gonna Hurney. 

Nah, but Tepper absolutely should have cleaned house the moment the ink was dry on the closing papers.

That was mistake 1, and it will cost us for the first 5 years of his ownership.

He deserves it, the fans don't.

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Nah, but Tepper absolutely should have cleaned house the moment the ink was dry on the closing papers.

Can't argue with that. 

3 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Technically he did clean house...on the business side.

Really really wish he'd get a true football guy to oversee organizing the other side because I have major questions about whether or not he knows what he's doing on that front.

Archived