• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's the cost to move up to take Lawrence?

DaveThePanther2008

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The Jets have Darnold and he's not a bad QB just on a bad team.  I would imagine that the Jets would be willing to listen if the price is right.  They could use a couple extra picks to turn things around.  Especially if Lawrence says he doesn't want to play for the Jets. 

I'm not a fan of trading draft picks for one player but for the sake of a discussion (argument) what would be the cost.

There's a matrix out there that puts values on picks. (Attention all you draft gurus)  Say we draft at our current draft position at #6.  What realistically would it cost us if we chose to try and trade for Lawrence. 

Sam "seeing ghost" Darnold is awful. The Jets are tanking specifically for Lawrence.  Someone would get fired or cut if they won.

If anything I'd trade out of a Top 10 pick if someone falls in love with one of those QBs.

We need as much talent as we can gather.

Trading picks to move up would be suicide - much like the Jags drafting a QB at #2 overall. Poor sod would get David Carr'd. 

Two Words, Ricky Williams.   Remember how he turned out for the Saints. 

It sure looks to me that everyone wants to mortgage their future for the unknown quarterback.  I understand he has potential.  But, think about what you have if you are wrong.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

35 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

If anything I'd trade out of a Top 10 pick if someone falls in love with one of those QBs.

We need as much talent as we can gather.

Trading picks to move up would be suicide - much like the Jags drafting a QB at #2 overall. Poor sod would get David Carr'd. 

For a team that still has a lot of holes, it's gotta be on the table.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Only if you're not sold on the QBs that are available. In that case, sure.

When all is said and done, I think it's very possible that the quarterbacks we would be "sold on" in the first round might not make it to us.

If that's the case, I know you're just as uninterested in reaching for need as I am.

Archived