• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Taylor Moton not likely to return next year, Curtis Samuel might also leave

TheSpecialJuan

8 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

Will you people stop losing your minds off pure speculation from Joe Person? I genuinely can't imagine we don't franchise tag Moton at minimum. If there aren't active discussions, it's probably because Moton's agent isn't acting in good faith and refuses to consider any offer less than $20 million per year or something like that. If that's the case and you're Hurney, what do you do? Offer him that? No, you turf it to the offseason and place the franchise tag if they don't budge.

Its not pure speculation

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Well joe Person did his job. Conjured up an article that led to mass hysteria within fans bases that purely based off speculation. 

to be fair his opinion is something we have all once discussed. Samuel and Moton will be expensive. The question is... are they the pillars of this franchise? RT is always a tough one... bc it’s not the most important role on the offensive line, so do you want to make it the most expensive as a franchise?

The hysteria began well before Joe's article 

RR broke it on Twitter the other day and he's got some pretty good sources (called the Cam situation verbatim)

Then WFNZ Charlotte sports radio caught on to RRs tweet earlier this week.  And their guys reached out to "multiple" sources.  All hearing the same thing.

Then Joe released the article throwing fuel on the already roaring fire

54 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its not pure speculation

So let's review the mountain of evidence. A) There don't appear active discussions right now. B) The Panthers currently have about $26 million in projected cap room and Moton expects to command around $15 million.  

That's it. Person wants to drum up headlines, and a juicy take like Moton is unlikely to be resigned garners a lot more clicks than what ultimately amounts to Person saying "They haven't gotten a deal done yet and I'm not sure they can afford him so I don't think he's getting resigned." I call that speculation but if you consider that hard hitting insider info, that's your prerogative. Personally I would look at that same situation and say the Panthers could easily afford Moton's franchise tag by doing nothing else other than cutting Short with a post June 1st designation. And what team in their right mind wouldn't do that especially one with this much offensive line turnover anticipated in one offseason?

Archived