• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

oh dear god i just compared teddy bridgewater's stats with kyle allen's

PhillyB

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

You know what though? Cam would actually be better on this team than Bridgewater. We’d have a few more wins. 

We still wouldn’t be a good team but it would have been a better move all around. Save 60 million on a phantom QB, and give Cam the last chance he really deserved here. Better PR for the team and fans too.

yeah i mean he would've been better, though it's possible only marginally. as attached as i am to him i can see he's basically done as a starter at this point.

my criticism of bridgewater isn't even necessarily his acquisition (if the team decided it needed an interim guy during a rebuild you could argue they handled it right, giving him a try but making him very cuttable) but more of a metacritique on how goddamn stupid our fans are lol

8 hours ago, PhillyB said:

true post

like i HATED that little fuckstick by the end, but i only hated him because he sucked on the field and because all the legions of n-word-breathing cam haters fucking loved him beyond all comprehension.

Dude you have such a skewed outlook of our fan base and the people who post here. I bet you are just a joy in real life.

15 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Again, you're using hindsight. You may have guessed right about TB, but it wasn't "guaranteed" we'd be mediocre with him. And btw, we're aren't. We're worse than that, which puts us in the running for a decent QB prospect. Just because you occasionally guess right doesn't make you smarter than Rhule & Co., it just makes you another Dunning Kruger fan.

Don't get me started on the ridiculous false dichotomy you claim about Cam.

I knew %100 we would suck with Teddy, not one drop of hindsight. 

5 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

yeah i mean he would've been better, though it's possible only marginally. as attached as i am to him i can see he's basically done as a starter at this point.

my criticism of bridgewater isn't even necessarily his acquisition (if the team decided it needed an interim guy during a rebuild you could argue they handled it right, giving him a try but making him very cuttable) but more of a metacritique on how goddamn stupid our fans are lol

The panthers organization is plenty goddam stupid itself.

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

No, you guessed right. You can't know the future unless you're omniscient. Even then, there's some question about it. But again, enjoy your Dunning Kruger cookies.

If someone throws a lit match on some gasoline its just a guess it will ignite? Hindsight maybe? lol

Just now, Shotgun said:

If someone throws a lit match on some gasoline its just a guess it will ignite? Hindsight maybe? lol

But Teddy could have been better then he ever was!!! Lol, he is a safe dud but in the end he is and has been a dud. When on a team not stacked with talent he is a sad and safe liability. This was known except to the hopeful that thought he would turn into a butterfly and become a real QB and not a backup some idiot took in the 1st.

The whole Cam Newton, Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater debate is  comparing 3 quarterbacks in different systems with totally different dynamics.  

Cam would have been terrible in this scheme. He is not a west coast precision QB with accurate and quick passes. That is the system we run. That is why he is gone. Belichick is changing his scheme for Cam instead of forcing Cam to do what Brady did.  Our Joe Brady was not going to change the system for the quarterback. Instead  he found someone who could run it. And that person was Bridgewater. Allen couldn't have come in with no off-season to speak of and no preseason and taught everyone the system. So he wasn't the right fit.  Rhule brought in his guys as backups and Brady got his guy. It really wasn't ever a "who is better" discussion but who knew Brady's system and could run it right away. 

And Teddy could be the guy if he increased his arm strength and worked on his intermediate to deep ball.  He really isn't very stout for a QB and needs more zip on his ball. That might give him the confidence to throw it deeper without having them float like wounded ducks.

9 hours ago, PhillyB said:

precious little baby kyle:

12 games, 3322 yards @ 62% completion, 17 TD, 16 INT, 1 game-winning drive 

teddy shitwater:

12 games, 3102 yards @ 72% completion,  14 TD, 8 INT, 0 game-winning drives

by god will you look at that. all the dipshits cheering for baby goat do do do do do do in the gameday threads last fall yanked the ripcord on the great white hope as soon as he sucked ass and got really excited when a black quarterback with no personality showed up so they could pretend their hatred of cam had nothing to do with prejudice and that it's just they preferred rooting for likable quarterbacks with low, safe ceilings who'll always just get 'em next year.

and now it turns out they got a quarterback worse than kyle buttfucking allen. in the same number of games, with years more experience, teddy bridgewater has fewer touchdowns and fewer game winning drives than kyle buttassfucking allen. bridgewater's improved efficiency only means he's been marginally more careful in how he loses games.

all you whiny tittiesuckers from last year didn't learn a single goddamn thing and this is the second year in a row you've been caping for a Very Bad Quarterback until the very end when it's obvious he's irredeemably awful. a lot of us were evenly pointing out warning signs for both guys, both years, only to get run over by hype trains that both eventually got derailed and ended up as two of the worst offensive seasons in franchise history.

and i'm not even mad at any of you. cam is done and we all recognize he probably wouldn't have been much better this year, it's just a bitter pill that his detractors got what they wanted AND get a pass for full-throatedly backing his jaw-droppingly awful replacements. in fact i mostly am just mad at teddy bridgewater and i want @ecu88 and @Snake and that ickmule guy to admit their opinions clinically qualify them as medical vegetables and quit this place forthwith.

free mandela zach wilson '21

KA came so close to finising off the Packers last year...if only CMC could have punched it in.

12 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The whole Cam Newton, Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater debate is  comparing 3 quarterbacks in different systems with totally different dynamics.  

Cam would have been terrible in this scheme. He is not a west coast precision QB with accurate and quick passes. That is the system we run. That is why he is gone. Belichick is changing his scheme for Cam instead of forcing Cam to do what Brady did.  Our Joe Brady was not going to change the system for the quarterback. Instead  he found someone who could run it. And that person was Bridgewater. Allen couldn't have come in with no off-season to speak of and no preseason and taught everyone the system. So he wasn't the right fit.  Rhule brought in his guys as backups and Brady got his guy. It really wasn't ever a "who is better" discussion but who knew Brady's system and could run it right away. 

And Teddy could be the guy if he increased his arm strength and worked on his intermediate to deep ball.  He really isn't very stout for a QB and needs more zip on his ball. That might give him the confidence to throw it deeper without having them float like wounded ducks.

Teddy cant be the guy and wont be the guy dude. He is maxed out for what he can be. He only gets worse from here. Like it or not KA was better with less....and we had zero defense last year.

Im not saying moving him was the wrong move. 

We should be thankful for Kyle. He didnt get the reps in training camp either. He made a fraction of what TB makes. He was an undrafted guy who brought us a 4th round pick which brought us Chinn(traded up). How about a KA appreciation thread.

Archived