• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dErriCk BRoWn caN't RUsH thE qUarTeRbACk

tiger7_88

19 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It was a reactionary post early in the season basically trashing Brown. 

Ironically, all the ardent Brown defenders claim PFF is trash(because they largely have him rated low), despite the fact that most of the data used to support the argument for Brown comes from PFF. 

Yup. Even more ironically, PFF had brown graded as one of the best college DTs this decade, but hated him as a prospect after his 3 cone drill bc that instantly meant he would never hone his skills as a pass rusher. Clearly they didn’t learn anything from the DK blunder 

Not to be the bearer of bad news. But getting 2 sacks in a game at the end of the season does mean you can rush the passer. Could more likely mean you were dominate in this match-up. Thats great. What about the other 12 games? 

This is kind of a knee jerk reaction. 2 sacks in a game isn't worth the number 7 pick. I hope he improves tho. I want him to get short type pressure in his prime. Needs to be done with consistency.

21 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

In fairness, I think Marty has been looking for Chinn in every draft. This one finally hit. Gurney has been prett consistent on drafting hybrid players. 

wishful thinking.  marty generally likes undersized, soft, safeties that cant tackle

5 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

i just looked up rashaun gaulden because he walked by me in cleats and was eye to eye with me

he's listed as a very suspiciously rounded 6'0, 200 lbs.

He was considered a "big nickel" so he did have some size to him. Honestly, when we drafted him I was excited bc I thought he was about to be a better Chris Harris. Ohhh but do the football gods lets me down

On 12/20/2020 at 3:51 PM, AU-panther said:

I'm hoping its not Steele either but I'm afraid we might both be disappointed.

If its Bryan Harsin from Boise State, I'll be good with that.

Kinda an out of left field hire, but he's a quality coach and has kept Boise State at a high level, finishing first in the MWC conference 6 out of 7 years.  (We had pretty good luck the last time we hired a coach out of the MWC... that coach's name was Patrick Fain Dye.  P.S. I know, I know... Wyoming (from whom we hired Dye) was in the WAC back then, but they have been a proud member of the MWC since 1999.)

Archived