• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dErriCk BRoWn caN't RUsH thE qUarTeRbACk

tiger7_88

51 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Who is saying brown hasn’t been good? Top rookie in pressures and stops? 

It was a reactionary post early in the season basically trashing Brown. 

Ironically, all the ardent Brown defenders claim PFF is trash(because they largely have him rated low), despite the fact that most of the data used to support the argument for Brown comes from PFF. 

1 hour ago, rah53 said:

DTs usually make a noticeable impact in their 2 or 3 year. Rarely does a DT produce as a rookie. Aaron Donald is 1 player that is the exception.

Or you can be Sheldon Richardson, win droty, the fall off the face of the Planet.

Also there's other examples of good rookie DTs like Suh and Fletcher Cox. Oh and I guess Short too.

That said, Brown has been as advertised. A man in the middle an wip as a pass rusher. Tonight he and Burns played off of each other Beautifully and I cannot wait to see more.

1 hour ago, Rags said:

Or you can be Sheldon Richardson, win droty, the fall off the face of the Planet.

Also there's other examples of good rookie DTs like Suh and Fletcher Cox. Oh and I guess Short too.

That said, Brown has been as advertised. A man in the middle an wip as a pass rusher. Tonight he and Burns played off of each other Beautifully and I cannot wait to see more.

Cox had 5.5 sacks in his 1st year, which isn't great but very decent for a rookie, then was not as effective over the next couple of years.

KK had 1.5 after being the 2nd round pick behind Star. KK started to get recognised in his 3rd season.

My point is, for about 98% of DTs, it takes more than their 1st year to get a gauge of how well they are holding their own in the NFL. The trenches, on both sides, takes a year or 2.

This thread is about brown getting after the QB, but that's not exactly what he's been drafted for. Like most DTs, they're acquired to take up space or command a double team. It's on the LBs from there.

Archived