• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baldy breaks down Panthers young stars

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He doesn’t suck. He is average with above average athletic ability. I think he is just overpaid so the fans expect more.

This is Shaq in a nutshell. 

But yea, our future on defense is looking good.  If we can get a cover corner, a good MLB and continue to develop we're going to have a legit defense in a year or two.  Imagine adding Morgan / Beason / Kuechly in the middle and a Gamble / Norman / Bradberry on the outside.  That would be a FUN defense to watch.

3 hours ago, PhillyB said:

idk if i'd call obada a star but he's definitely useful depth 

Its amazing how much people let preconceived notions dictate how they view players.

I'm not saying he is a star but take the names off of the jerseys and both Efe and Kerr have played extremely well, albeit in a specialized role for Efe (pass rush).

10 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Its amazing how much people let preconceived notions dictate how they view players.

I'm not saying he is a star but take the names off of the jerseys and both Efe and Kerr have played extremely well, albeit in a specialized role for Efe (pass rush).

edit: misread post

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

If Efe and Kerr are playing so well coupled with Burns and Brown you would think they would be more effective as a unit. Obada and Kerr are decent rotational guys but another strong D Lineman is needed.

We need another guy to emerge on the edge so teams can't focus on Burns.  YGM or Miller could already be that guy.

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

We need another guy to emerge on the edge so teams can't focus on Burns.  YGM or Miller could already be that guy.

Yetur continues to remind me of a young Mike Rucker. Not as solid against the run yet but the ability looks to be there. Will be interesting to see how he comes out after a full offseason.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We need a CB and a FS. We could use an upgrade at MLB and another DT. On offense, we need QB and OL.

This roster as a whole is closer than a lot of people think, especially on defense because these good rookies are just going to keep getting better.

Put a legit QB on this roster and we're contending for a playoff berth.

One of the big issues is that we need to extend the good young players too. If we keep losing a Moton and/or Samuel because we paid Short, Teddy, Weatherly and Okung we’re just going to keep getting stuck in the close cycle. The 2020 draft helped so we need another couple like that.

I agree with you that the secondary is the main spot needing help. If we draft well there it would pay the biggest dividends on D.

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He doesn’t suck. He is average with above average athletic ability. I think he is just overpaid so the fans expect more.

His contract isn't as bad as some think. Comparing his contract to other outside linebackers, he is 15th on the list of highest paid linebackers.  Or was, might be higher next year. And we can cut him without a tremendous amount of Dead money after next year. 

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

His contract isn't as bad as some think. Comparing his contract to other outside linebackers, he is 15th on the list of highest paid linebackers.  Or was, might be higher next year. And we can cut him without a tremendous amount of Dead money after next year. 

Oh ok, yeah 15th is about right for him then. It didn’t help to have Morgan, Beason, Luke, and him as first round linebackers drafted by us. We had the bar pretty damn high for him. Plus he was suppose to replace Thomas Davis...

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh ok, yeah 15th is about right for him then. It didn’t help to have Morgan, Beason, Luke, and him as first round linebackers drafted by us. We had the bar pretty damn high for him. Plus he was suppose to replace Thomas Davis...

It goes up the next two years, but as more contracts are signed, his salary ranking could stay about the same.  Unless Covid impacts contracts, cap, etc...  

Archived