• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Current draft range (3rd to 15th)

Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D.

I don't think falling to 7-8 is the end of the world, as that's maybe where the 3rd QB comes off the board.  Falling out of the Top 10 is downright depressing.  Please God let us lose out...the draft pick value is worth it, the potential trade ammo is worth it, we need to lose out. 

Also not convinced the Jets take Fields at 2 if they end up there.  There's a difference in trading away the rights to Lawrence and the rights to Fields.  A trade down to 4-5 with us if we love Fields, for them to grab some extra pick and take Wilson could happen.  Granted, we might like Wilson/Lance/whoever and stay put, but we need options that only losing gives right now. 

25 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

They also have the 5-9 Chargers ahead of us. They obviously have no Fkin clue what they are talking about. Not to mention they have us taking a TE.  Whoever wrote that is a moron. 

sorry, I posted the wrong link.   CBS has us picking a TE, and yes they are morons.

8 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

Say falcons lose out as well are they ahead of us?

We play the Redskins and Saints. The Redskins are 6-8 and Saints are 10-4. The Falcons play Kansas City and Tampa Bay. KC is 13-1 and Tampa Bay is 9-5. Thus, if we both lose our remaining two games we will have the weaker strength of schedule, which would give us the tiebreaker over the Falcons.

19 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

We play the Redskins and Saints. The Redskins are 6-8 and Saints are 10-4. The Falcons play Kansas City and Tampa Bay. KC is 13-1 and Tampa Bay is 9-5. Thus, if we both lose our remaining two games we will have the weaker strength of schedule, which would give us the tiebreaker over the Falcons.

That’s not how it works

It’s mentioned on the previous page

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

That’s not how it works

It’s mentioned on the previous page

Perhaps I should have specified that the Panthers do currently have a weaker strength of schedule over the Falcons; thus, I do believe this is how it would work between the Panthers and Falcons. The weaker strength of schedule of the Panthers is also the reason that the Panthers would pick before the Falcons if the season ended today.

Edit: I think I know what you are referring to i. e. that strength of schedule changes each week as the records of the teams played changes. Unfortunately, Those unknowns can’t be calculated. 

Draft position matters, however I'm more curious who our new GM will be and what he thinks about this QB class. If we are top 5, how aggressive will our new GM be in wanting to trade up to top 2-3 for HIS QB? New people in position of power = a lot of uncertainty however it's exciting as well. Saints have traded the farm for Ricky Williams before right? lol, obviously that didn't turn out well. 

Archived