• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last chance to see Zach Wilson. 7 PM EST UCF vs BYU. ESPN 12-22 Boca Raton Bowl

Just now, Monrowed said:

Comparing Fields and  Wilson makes me believe that Fields would be the one to fall to us. Hope the Jets re-evaluate and keep Darnold.  

Fields can help his stock with his performance against Clemson waaaaay more than Wilson. 

Id agree I dont know that the Jets would entertain Fields over Darnold. Could opt for Chase, Sewell or a trade back instead. 

I liked what I saw from Fields last year just think he's not taken the next step I was hoping to see. Still, covid season, impending draft etc. 

I could very easily learn to love the Fields pick dont get me wrong. But Zach Wilson is my guy right now.

Just now, OldhamA said:

Darnold is in his third year has been terrible-mediocre.

It takes a brave HC to stick with him.

I agree that there is nothing Darnold has done to make you think he might actually be good but then I keep thinking about Tannehill. 

But if you’re a new GM and have a new coach you’re probably wanting to draft your guy at 2

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

I agree that there is nothing Darnold has done to make you think he might actually be good but then I keep thinking about Tannehill. 

But if you’re a new GM and have a new coach you’re probably wanting to draft your guy at 2

It’s an Adam Gase issue. He could very well go to another team and do very well. It’s hard to tell if it’s him or him and Gase or just Gase that’s the issue. 

2 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Fields can help his stock with his performance against Clemson waaaaay more than Wilson. 

Id agree I dont know that the Jets would entertain Fields over Darnold. Could opt for Chase, Sewell or a trade back instead. 

I liked what I saw from Fields last year just think he's not taken the next step I was hoping to see. Still, covid season, impending draft etc. 

I could very easily learn to love the Fields pick dont get me wrong. But Zach Wilson is my guy right now.

Fields chance to improve his stock will come in the classroom portion of his visits with teams 

He’ll need to convince teams that he understands coverages and can identify defenses 

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There have been two pre-draft QB media interactions that have made me cringe and wrote a guy off as a bust even if he had all-world taken. Those two were Josh Rosen and Paxton Lynch. The cockiness and entitlement that dripped off of those guys was ridiculous. You want confident. You don't want cocky.

Cam was about as cocky as they come. I have no issue with cocky at all, if they can back it up. Rosen and Lynch just straight up sucked.

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Fields chance to improve his stock will come in the classroom portion of his visits with teams 

He’ll need to convince teams that he understands coverages and can identify defenses 

Yes and no.

I could sit in an NFL classroom and tell you all about coverages / identifying defences etc.

I absolutely couldn't do it from under C.

Fields' will be judged on his game tape more than anyone - he has the physical tools.

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Cam was about as cocky as they come. I have no issue with cocky at all, if they can back it up. Rosen and Lynch just straight up sucked.

Yeah I have no problem with it. I like the confidence. You just can’t suck at the same time.

44 minutes ago, Varking said:

Multiple years in a row now

This is year 20, not 15 as mentioned above. If Wilson gets hurt in year’s 19 and 20 and we still make the pIayoffs, I think we’ll be OK. Sorry, but saying Brees is breaking down after 20 years in the NFL is one of the silliest arguments against drafting a guy that I have seen. Wilson is listed as about the same weight but an inch taller. If he’s 6’3” and 215 at the combine he’s good.

26 minutes ago, t96 said:

Yeah, cocky or confident doesn’t matter if they play well. Rodgers is a dick. Heck even after our game he was basically saying there was no reason it should have been a game. That’s not the “professional” answer but no one cares while he’s winning for them.

35 minutes ago, Varking said:

Lance should pop at the combine but he’s the last of these QB groupings I would want. I’d be happy with Fields or Wilson. 

If there is a combine, Lance should drop a nuke on it. Then watch all the "new" Lance fans afterwards, I bet a few huddlers would change their avatars. If he runs  4.6x while at 240 and interviews well..... then people will be on my level. 

Archived