• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson character issues.

Rags

It's from Walterfootball, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do trust his sources more than his scouting.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Some-Teams-Have-Makeup-Concerns-with-Zach-Wilson

If true it's a red flag. Though skill trumps character and his teammates still seem to love him. Worst case he'll respond well to the growing up he has to do in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Rags said:

It's from Walterfootball, so take it with a grain of salt, but I do trust his sources more than his scouting.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/Some-Teams-Have-Makeup-Concerns-with-Zach-Wilson

If true it's a red flag. Though skill trumps character and his teammates still seem to love him. Worst case he'll respond well to the growing up he has to do in the NFL.

It’s the season of digging up dirt on kids. I don’t care if he is an entitled brat so long as he can ball out on sundays. Wonder if it would take too long to verify his uncle owns Jet Blue. 

On Cam Newton pre draft:

The most stinging criticism came from Nolan Nawrocki in the Pro Football Weekly draft guide. He called Newton“very disingenuous” with a “fake smile.” “He comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup, Nawrocki wrote. “Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. He has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law - does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room," Nawrocki wrote.

This

Wilson has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat - uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.

does not jive with this

"His positives are that he's super competitive, not to get scared and won't back down, extremely confident, very smart with keen recall and teammates will play for him."

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

On Cam Newton pre draft:

The most stinging criticism came from Nolan Nawrocki in the Pro Football Weekly draft guide. He called Newton“very disingenuous” with a “fake smile.” “He comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup, Nawrocki wrote. “Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them.

One of the all-time great poo takes.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

This

Wilson has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat - uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.

does not jive with this

"His positives are that he's super competitive, not to get scared and won't back down, extremely confident, very smart with keen recall and teammates will play for him."

Sounds like great footballer and possible jerk when he is off the field. 

4 minutes ago, Rags said:

The whole know it all/brat/selfish and the team will play for him seem to contradict each other. If his teammates like him then I don’t believe the other stuff is a red flag. There’s a difference between Johnny Manziel and Baker Mayfield. Heck, ask a hundred non Panther fans about Cam and you probably hear very similar comments. Cam was often called a baby and selfish.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This

does not jive with this

Uh Huh Yes GIF by Caterpillar Inc.

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

On Cam Newton pre draft:

The most stinging criticism came from Nolan Nawrocki in the Pro Football Weekly draft guide. He called Newton“very disingenuous” with a “fake smile.” “He comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup, Nawrocki wrote. “Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. He has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law - does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room," Nawrocki wrote.

Veiled racism at its finest

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s the season of digging up dirt on kids. I don’t care if he is an entitled brat so long as he can ball out on sundays. Wonder if it would take too long to verify his uncle owns Jet Blue. 

Jet Blue is a public company. No one owns them, people own stock. His uncle founded the company so he’s probably got quite a lot of stock and might still be employed. No idea how rich his parents are but as you said it’s all about digging up dirt.

I’m probably the biggest opponent of drafting Wilson with a top pick but...

’not a leader’ and

’teammates will play for him’

Doesn't make sense. 

And you’re talking about circumstances out of his control not his ACTIONS/ conscious decisions, which matter most.

Seems petty.

Archived