• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bring back cam

Beerfacedlegend

He does not have the arm to be a peanut vendor at the stadium.  I admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong when we drafted Cam---I thought he was going to be a self-promoter who would leave this small market asap.  I was not wrong, however, about not re-signing him.  Football is an endurance test, and there are no offseason "refresh" buttons that heal you completely,  You are wearing down from the beating and age chips in to help send you to the couch.  I am amazed that people play in the NFL at 40--unreal--but anyone playing a position that features a lot of running contact (contact when one or both parties are running--as opposed to interior offensive/defensive linemen) past the age of 30 is incredible. 

The way Cam played--and I used to say it in 2015---translates to a short career. I said in 2015 that he might last a decade.  He didn't. 

I also said that Donald Trump would never be president and fidget spinners would never be a thing.   I say a lot of stuff, so when I am right, I tell people. 

19 hours ago, electro's horse said:

bring him back for a day so he can retire with some goddamn dignity

Absolutely if he is ready to retire. Unfortunately many players keep trying to play even as they decline. What folks see at the end is a mere fraction of who they were in their prime. 15 with Cam was a magical ride even though we lost the Super Bowl.

Everyone read the post slowly , I’m saying draft a qb have cam as a cheap back up out of respect and use him the way the saints use and abuse taysom hill. Give cam runs near the goal line . Cams not a starter but he’s a solid playmaker that we can use for greatness . Thanks and merry Christmas, don’t drink too much egg nog

23 hours ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

Cam is better than any back ups we got and better than bridgewater so people need to relax 

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Here is an interesting fact regarding Cam Newton. In his last 17 games as a starting QB, he has thrown twice as interceptions as touchdowns. Time and it’s ravages remains undefeated even against heroes.

1 minute ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. Here is an interesting fact regarding Cam Newton. In his last 17 games as a starting QB, he has thrown twice as interceptions as touchdowns. Time and it’s ravages remains undefeated even against heroes.

Not asking him to pass we have him run

On 12/25/2020 at 2:13 AM, Beerfacedlegend said:

It’s not , he looked good first game with New England then he got fricken covid dude , cam gave his life to the Carolinas and was a loyal panther player on and off the field , let’s not forget that . I’m not saying he should be a starter not at all I think cam as a player sucks as a starter but he is a solid back up that’s atleast what we could do and use him 

That actually happened after 3 games and he missed games 4 and 5. 

Lots of NFL players have had covid, it's not an excuse.

Do you really believe Cam Newton would sign a contract to be a backup on the team that declined to "respect" him?

Seriously...

Archived