• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'd give Haskins a look this offseason.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

He didn’t have a great college career. He was a one year wonder. Rumors were out before the draft that Ohio State reps were shocked he entered the draft and felt he needed more seasoning. They also said any franchise grabbing him was going to have to be patient. 

Yeah, I meant a great "year" in college. The rest of it I stand by.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can't coach effort and want to. 

Haskins had enough talent and enough supporting cast to float him in college. If you're not willing to put in the work in the NFL you get exposed, particularly at the QB position.

I’m always a bit skeptical of some of the skill position guys on college super teams. They have all star supporting casts. 

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

A third round bust? Come on, man!

Yeah, he is a bust. Pretty clearly not a guy worth trading draft capital up to get and would have likely been available with our 4th round pick. He was overdrafted by a bad GM. 

It isn't his fault he was set up in a position to be a bust.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

No--I am not saying that it was--I am saying we do not know all the variables.  How remorseful is he?  What were the factors that contributed to his bad decisions.

I am saying that he was a member of another team, and they know the inside scoop--and cut him.  So do we think CONSIDERING a second chance is worth kicking the tires.

I have never been one for bringing in a cancer--Tampa Bay and New Orleans--that is their call.  All I am saying is know the situation inside and out and if there is something there that could be salvaged, bring him in.

To extend the "kicking the tires" metaphor

A flat tire is worthless and nobody is going to pay $5 for a flat tire that let the passengers and the other 3 tires down. We all know that happened, but we really don't know (or care) how and why. Is the tire defective, or was it on a bad road?  But if you see that the tire has tread on it and you do not need it right now, it may be worth $5 and the $3 it will take to fix it.  So it is not about how much you know tires or understand that the tire is dysfunctional, it is about your ability to repair the problem so that it does not happen again. If you can and you need a tire, Win Win.  If you can't and you need a tire, you lost $8 and still need a tire.  If the bad tire rolls for another 50,000 miles, was the $8 a good investment to save a $100 tire?  This is a business, so you have to consider the risk, investment costs, and potential reward.  

So you do not think the risk/reward is not worth even kicking the tires?  I get that---and there are other tires that might work.  It is a decision that must be made and there is no right or wrong answer until we know the outcome.  If he goes on to Atlanta and develops into a QB that beats us for 10 years, we may have erred in our rush to judgement--and fans will ask, "Why did we not bring him in and kick the tires?"  More likely is the scenario that he is not worth the trouble---but Rhule is a coach who deals in discarded, unloved players and turns them into winners.  What would it hurt for them to have a visit?

Nah I wouldn’t even give him a look. If it was a one occurrence issue then maybe but this happened twice in a matter of weeks. 

And there is no way to objectively measure someone’s level of remorse. 

If any Carolina Panther fans spot Haskins anywhere near Bank of America Stadium in the next year or so, please call the police. There is no way i want a person like him on our team who reeks of low character after being treated like a King by Washington Football Team, only to let them down.

History has a way of repeating and to me Haskins obvious down sides out weigh his limited upsides.

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

As embarrassing as this sounds for us - if Bum ass Heineken played the entire game there is a good chance we lose 

I agree 100%.  And to be clear, I wasn't even trying to say that Heineke is serviceable.

We got a gift on special teams and only lost by 1 score.  Haskins didn't even look like an NFL level QB.

Archived