• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My first mock draft.

Verge

23 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Waddle is a good return man but not a #1 WR.  Plus off injury so picking him before Smith would be lunacy.

I guess that’s why he WAS their #1 WR this year while avg 22.3 ypc and 139 yds/gm? But please continue to show how much you know about him. 

0% chance Fields falls out of the top 5, he11 or even top 3.

Wilson is having a heckuva season, but he isnt overtaking Fields.

Scouts LOVE his traits.  Good size, athletic ability and solid arm.  They love his arm (has that baseball arm that Mahomes had coming out)

14 hours ago, 45catfan said:

So many wildcards when it comes to QBs in the top 10 of the draft order (as it stands currently).  The only cut and dry one is Trevor going to the Jags.  Are the Jets sold on Darnold?  Are the Giants sold on Jones?  Will the Falcons take one to groom to take over for Ryan in a year or two ( and to take one away form us)?  Ditto for the Lions.  Denver is only one spot behind us and very well could move up knowing we are likely to take a QB.   More questions than answers at this point.

Why do you think Denver is taking a QB when they just recently drafted Lock pretty high? I know he's been up and down, but he's still young and looked really good against us a few weeks ago. 

15 hours ago, ncfan said:

0% chance Fields falls out of the top 5, he11 or even top 3.

Wilson is having a heckuva season, but he isnt overtaking Fields.

Scouts LOVE his traits.  Good size, athletic ability and solid arm.  They love his arm (has that baseball arm that Mahomes had coming out)

wilson will go before fields. 

17 hours ago, Toomers said:

I think both Bama receivers are about 10 spots too low. I’ve been saying for a couple years Waddle was the best of the 4(Ruggs, Juedy). And I may have been wrong because I didn’t give D. Smith enough credit. How good would they have been if Waddle doesn’t get hurt? And being an Auburn alum makes all this tough to even think about. 

I watched a replay of when Clemson blasted Alabama in the championship and Alabama scored 16 points with Tua. His RBs were Jacobs, Damien Harris and Najee Harris, TE was Irv Smith and his WRs were Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle and Smith. That’s video game unfair as they all played and they had 3 1st round OL in Williams, Wills and Leatherwood.

1 hour ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

Why do you think Denver is taking a QB when they just recently drafted Lock pretty high? I know he's been up and down, but he's still young and looked really good against us a few weeks ago. 

He looked good against us. 4 TDs and 0 INTs. Rest of his games? 10 TDs and 15 INTs. They will absolutely be looking at the top QBs and decide if they like one better.

Also, they didn’t draft Lock that high. He was their 2nd round pick and he fell more than most thought. He was rated in the first by most analysts so he kind of dropped in their lap so they took a shot. Definitely don’t think they are married to him or think he’s a long term solution. He’s just been mediocre to bad so far, ignore when we made him look like a baller.

There are a lot of older QBs (NO, Atlanta, TB, Indy, Pitts, NE, Detroit) that may retire in a season or two or are way too expensive for their results. GB has their young QB but there are a lot of QB needy or soon to be QB needy teams. That’s one of the big reason so many of us wanted to finish with the 3rd pick and not have to hope someone falls or lose picks trading up.

7 hours ago, stbugs said:

I watched a replay of when Clemson blasted Alabama in the championship and Alabama scored 16 points with Tua. His RBs were Jacobs, Damien Harris and Najee Harris, TE was Irv Smith and his WRs were Jeudy, Ruggs, Waddle and Smith. That’s video game unfair as they all played and they had 3 1st round OL in Williams, Wills and Leatherwood.

I’m sort of used to it by now. Someone told me the other day that he saw a Twitter post or something saying that half of the #1 ranked players, at their positions coming out of HS, have gone to Bama. Over the last five years or something like that. HALF!!!!!!! 

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

Clemson had similar talent that day as well...maybe better.

44 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Clemson had similar talent that day as well...maybe better.

Really? The skilled guys on Clemson that day aren't going to ever be close to that. Not counting this year where Leatherwood, Smith, Waddle and Harris will possibly be 1st rounders compared to Etienne, here are the details of the past two drafts on offense around Tua (what I was highlighting so didn't count Tua/Lawrence):

Alabama: 5 firsts, 1 second, 1 third and 1 fifth

Clemson: 1 second, 1 fourth, 1 fifth and 1 7th

Add in this year's 4 to 1 probable 1st rounders and Alabama's offense was way, way, way more loaded than Clemson's the past 3 years. On D, Clemson had 7 1-3 rounders compared to Alabama's 6 1-3 rounders the past 2 drafts, but Clemson is way more top loaded (5 firsts to 1 first). That said, I was only talking about offense where Alabama is so far ahead in NFL talent that it overshadows the D differences.

Archived