• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers pick 8

ladypanther

16 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Didn't the bears take Trubisky at 2 or something? And they traded up for him . Stranger things have happened .

The main thing is we don't know whose going to be successful and who isn't . Something that irks me is when people just write off dudes before they take a snap in the nfl 

I'm pretty sure slot of people were afraid Herbert and Josh Allen and they ended up being pretty damn good .

Herbert and Allen had some NFL level qualities so it was more of does the talent become a good NFL QB. No one ever said they didn’t have the physical skills. I don’t think Trask is close to that. He would be terrible at 8 and I’ll happily go on record with that.

Also, Herbert was talked about as maybe being the top QB in 2019 before he elected to come back. No one questioned him being a top 10 pick, it was more of the way he was used worries people including me. He looked like a check down guy and it seemed like his coaches didn’t trust him at all in key games. Honestly don’t recall a lot of about Allen. I think his biggest question was the small school and competition.

21 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Didn't the bears take Trubisky at 2 or something? And they traded up for him . Stranger things have happened .

The main thing is we don't know whose going to be successful and who isn't . Something that irks me is when people just write off dudes before they take a snap in the nfl 

I'm pretty sure slot of people were afraid Herbert and Josh Allen and they ended up being pretty damn good .

People kind of Forget Herbert would likely be a Cardinal right now if he came out in 2019. He was the projected #1 QB most of that season.

I never bought into the Herbert sucks train. I was secretly hoping he fell to 8 last year, though I'm happy with our draft. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Priority number 1 for the new GM is to trade up

My god you will not let this die will you.

If we trade up for Fields we're gonna have to give up a small fortune. We wouldn't be the only ones who would be interested and if the price isn't right the Jets lose nothong by taking Fields and dealing Darnold.

Which with a bad o-line and a QB who reads deep shots first and struggles reading disguises and blitzes sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

35 minutes ago, t96 said:

Lance or Wilson will 100% be there at 8, probably Lance due to recency bias with Wilson, but I do not see all 4 QBs going in the top 7. Lawrence is 1st overall and no chance Fields drops to 8, but I'm confident at least 1 of Lance or Wilson will be there for us at 8 if we stay there. If we want to go for Fields or ensure that we get "our guy" between Lance/Wilson then we'd have to trade up but if we're fine taking what's left at 8 then I still think we're in great shape to get a franchise QB prospect.

I dont recall a year when so many teams needed a QB. Almost half the NFL has need this year or likely by next which is looking to be a weak class. So it looks like if you want one you are going to have to go get one. Rivera coaching screwed us again. Only he was on the other side when he did it. 

51 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

This pick could easily be Trey Lance . I'm not sure why he's being totally overlooked right now other than him just not playing this season . Recency bias at its finest I guess.

If not then it could be anyone . I have a feeling the Panthers are trying to do a wholesale rebuild and dont want to trade the farm for a QB

Getting Surtain II or Micah Parsons would be a nice consolation prize and hope Lance Trask or Jones plummets to our 2nd or 3rd round picks. 

The situation will totally change at the combine. If we have the combine... 

15 minutes ago, Rags said:

My god you will not let this die will you.

If we trade up for Fields we're gonna have to give up a small fortune. We wouldn't be the only ones who would be interested and if the price isn't right the Jets lose nothong by taking Fields and dealing Darnold.

Which with a bad o-line and a QB who reads deep shots first and struggles reading disguises and blitzes sounds like a recipe for disaster. 

LMAAAAAAAAOOOOOO nice strawman I didn't specify which team. I didn't say which QB. I didn't say when the rookie QB would start. I'm fine with trading with the Phins to get Wilson and let Teddy get blasted for a year. Beyond fine with that.

Here is how I look at it:

• Jax:  Trevor  QB
  • Jets--New coach will not want to keep what got the previous coach fired.  Fields QB
  • Miami: Sewell LT (Give Tua some protection)
  • Atlanta:  Parsons MLB (gotta go Defense)
  • Cincinnat   Smith WR (they could go Rousseau)
  • Eagles Surtain CB
  • Lions Chase WR
  • Panthers QB Wilson or Lance

1 minute ago, Reebis21 said:

So if Lawrence and Fields go 1 & 2, Dolphins take Sewell and Falcons decide to take an Edge like most mocks have them doing, is it really outlandish to think Wilson falls to us?

Gotta  watch the trades ===Denver at #9 and SF at #12

12 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

I think Lance will be there at 8.

I wouldn't bank on that because Lance very well may overtake Wilson as the #3 prospect by the time all the evaluations are finished.  I agree though, I'd rather have lance than Wilson.

2 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

So if Lawrence and Fields go 1 & 2, Dolphins take Sewell and Falcons decide to take an Edge like most mocks have them doing, is it really outlandish to think Wilson falls to us?

Atlanta will go Rousseau or Parsons.

Archived