• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Early pulse check: Curtis won't take a hometown discount, what do we do?

Rags

25 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I didn't your prediction. Too busy looking up memes I guess.

Guess you need to go back to madden contracts. Guys that progress like curtis get 6 mill plus a year, see Adam Humphrey, Tyler Lockett Marquise Goodwin, Jamison Crowder, hell even Perriman got 6 mil (1 year deal, the combined of your 3 year deal) last year for this production in TB. 

2 mill a year shows you are completely out of touch with the rates wrs go for. Thats for guys that do nothing, oh like funchess in Indy last year. Even he got 2.5m from GB, even if he didn't play this year.

7 minutes ago, chbright said:

Guess you need to go back to madden contracts. Guys that progress like curtis get 6 mill plus a year, see Adam Humphrey, Tyler Lockett Marquise Goodwin, Jamison Crowder, hell even Perriman got 6 mil (1 year deal, the combined of your 3 year deal) last year for this production in TB. 

2 mill a year shows you are completely out of touch with the rates wrs go for. Thats for guys that do nothing, oh like funchess in Indy last year. Even he got 2.5m from GB, even if he didn't play this year.

If Samuel is only gonna cost $6M per year, I'd do that deal immediately. I think it's probably more like $12-15M per. 

Remember, the Colts gave Funchess a 1 year $10M contract in 2019 and he fuging sucked.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If Samuel is only gonna cost $6M per year, I'd do that deal immediately. I think it's probably more like $12-15M per. 

Remember, the Colts gave Funchess a 1 year $10M contract in 2019 and he fuging sucked.

No poo, just other poster saying 2 mill. 

6 mill in this market is no questions asked. I think 10 is the break point here for the Panthers due to Robbie and Teddy. Past that 10mil it would get interesting to find the $, unless they go thin on the roster and blow out some guys like Efe and go UFA to fill a lot of the 2 deep till they can clear Teddy and Robbie from the books.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

yea i think hes getting $10M+ per yr

4 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Can we get him 8- 10 million a year? Then Franchise Moton?

16 mill this year for a wr franchise tag. I don't do that. I'm not sold that he is worth that here.  If some other team with cap space and a lot of cheap players wants to have him, sucks but he can go. Time to have extended him was after 2019. That way you can pay little less, he gets more in 2020 thru 2022 and can also likely get a good 3rd contract too.

Archived