• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy says he made playoffs before while only throwing 14 tds

Panthers8969

3 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

We should do what the Texans did with Osweiler and trade him to a team that can absorb the cap hit. That way we can resign Moton and Samuel with ease and we get rid of Teddy

this is probably a really unpopular take.  So I won't start a new thread but toss it in here.

Bringing in Robby Anderson will of been a mistake if it costs us the ability to retain Curtis Samuel.   Moore/Samuel > Moore/Robby.

I'd like to keep all 3.   That's a strong/solid receiving corp.    

8 hours ago, Wes21 said:

So he's bragging about going to the playoffs where the defense only gave up 10 points but they still lost because his offense only scored 9?

And remember, he not only had a really good defense...he had prime Adrian Peterson who ran for just short of 1,500 yards that year.

And AP had 11 TDs that year as well as 1500 yards. With that kind of production on both sides of the ball, the QB only needs 15 or so TDs.

Needless to say, if this year's Carolina Panthers had 11 more TDs, they'd be an 8 or 9 win team.

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not really sure why people are skewering what he said. It was pretty boilerplate kind of stuff. You might dislike the guy because he isn't what you want him to be but he didn't throw anyone under the bus nor did he deflect blame. He just talked about the team and his relationship to it. There was literally nothing in that interview he said that was actually wrong.

I want to get a new QB but it isn't because I think Teddy is some egomaniac that is above it all. I just don't think he is "The Guy."

Yeah this pales in comparison to the "we rushed the play" comment a few weeks ago and by itself it's not bad, but you can see the trend of Teddy's lack of personal accountability come out in both statements.

It's always "we" failed as a team, and when he gets around to assessing himself it's essentially "I need to be better so I can overcome our shortcomings." Even that is clearly disingenuous, because in the same breath he says the way he's playing was good enough for previous teams. It's never his fault. I don't think he's an egomaniac, he just refuses to own up to being the reason we suck and that's a bad leader.

5 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Yeah this pales in comparison to the "we rushed the play" comment a few weeks ago and by itself it's not bad, but you can see the trend of Teddy's lack of personal accountability come out in both statements.

It's always "we" failed as a team, and when he gets around to assessing himself it's essentially "I need to be better so I can overcome our shortcomings." Even that is clearly disingenuous, because in the same breath he says the way he's playing was good enough for previous teams. It's never his fault. I don't think he's an egomaniac, he just refuses to own up to being the reason we suck and that's a bad leader.

Teddy in so many ways is the anti-Cam. 

From his rookie season to now in New England...despite all the "extra" stuff he brought Cam always took the L's 100% and blamed himself.  Even when it was comical to do such.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

he went to the playoffs thanks to the #1 RB in the NFL.   Peterson lead the NFL in rushing yards and rushing TDs.    Vikings had the 3rd best D in the NFC.   They were the definition of running the football and playing defense. 

and Teddybear was fine as a young, "developing" QB on that team.  He is now an NFL vet and has shown he is only a game manager and not a game changer.  "Trent Dilfers" and "Brad Johnsons" have never won Super Bowls and never will.....i assume Teddy thinks he can but he needs "talent" to carry the Panthers to the promised land.

Show him the door....overpaid scrub.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

this is probably a really unpopular take.  So I won't start a new thread but toss it in here.

Bringing in Robby Anderson will of been a mistake if it costs us the ability to retain Curtis Samuel.   Moore/Samuel > Moore/Robby.

I'd like to keep all 3.   That's a strong/solid receiving corp.    

Man the "Moore/Samuel > Moore/Robby" comparison is a tough one.  I think you are right that in Brady's system Moore/Samuel > Moore/Robby, but man I like Robby Anderson....the guy makes the catches he should and is a solid presence in the offense.

I'll also point out that Anderson has multiple years where he has delivered, Samuel has 2020 which was very good but also a contract year.

12 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Man the "Moore/Samuel > Moore/Robby" comparison is a tough one.  I think you are right that in Brady's system Moore/Samuel > Moore/Robby, but man I like Robby Anderson....the guy makes the catches he should and is a solid presence in the offense.

I'll also point out that Anderson has multiple years where he has delivered, Samuel has 2020 which was very good but also a contract year.

Samuel reminds me of a poor man's tyreek hill. He's able to do multiple things. And that's what you really need from your number 2. Its not that he will be used in some type of gadget play every down, it's that he can be and that's just one more thing defenses have to prepare for. Ideally I'd like to keep all 3, but Anderson is my odd man out. I like versatility and Samuel gives more options than Robby, but I dont think we get to keep him. 

15 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

yeah, it isn't intended as a knock on Robby.

Part of what makes the Moore/Samuel combo better also factors in age and continued growth potential as well.  People forget Samuel was largely a RB in college who basically lost a year in the NFL.  Plus, I think Moore and Samuel are just more diverse.   I want to keep all 3.   It means we finally have diverse and well rounded receiving corps.   We have been waiting to achieve such for a long time.  Would be a shame if it last only one season.

Archived