• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 1st round draft mini breakdown

Verge

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No way that happens.  No way.  Both the lions and atl are not drafting a qb.  

Ok, Atlanta and whoever trades up 

Either way I don’t think it is out of the realm of possibility that all 4 QBs go in the top 7.

I would hope that Lance makes it to us but I wouldn’t be opposed to trading up just to make sure 

4 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Last 3 years, correct picks on final mock draft:

Charlie Campbell - 24
Walter Cherepinsky - 24
Daniel Jeremiah - 24
Evan Silva - 23
Todd McShay - 19
Pete Schrager - 18
Lance Zierlein - 18
Peter King - 16
Josh Norris - 16
Rob Rang - 16
Matt Miller - 15
Bucky Brooks - 13
Dane Brugler - 13
Mel Kiper - 13
Tony Pauline - 13
Mike Mayock - 12
Bob McGinn - 12
Jacob Camenker - 11
Pete Prisco - 11
Scott Wright - 11
Charley Casserly - 10
Trevor Sikemma -9
Kyle Crabbe - 7
Chad Reuter - 7
Chris Trapasso - 7
R.J. White - 7
Thor Nystrom - 6
Ryan Wilson - 6
Joe Marino - 5
Jon Ledyard - 3

That’s crazy great accuracy. Well be one of the teams he gets wrong :)

11 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Last 3 years, correct picks on final mock draft:

Charlie Campbell - 24
Walter Cherepinsky - 24
Daniel Jeremiah - 24
Evan Silva - 23
Todd McShay - 19
Pete Schrager - 18
Lance Zierlein - 18
Peter King - 16
Josh Norris - 16
Rob Rang - 16
Matt Miller - 15
Bucky Brooks - 13
Dane Brugler - 13
Mel Kiper - 13
Tony Pauline - 13
Mike Mayock - 12
Bob McGinn - 12
Jacob Camenker - 11
Pete Prisco - 11
Scott Wright - 11
Charley Casserly - 10
Trevor Sikemma -9
Kyle Crabbe - 7
Chad Reuter - 7
Chris Trapasso - 7
R.J. White - 7
Thor Nystrom - 6
Ryan Wilson - 6
Joe Marino - 5
Jon Ledyard - 3

Im 99.999999% sure Joe Marino got a heckuva lot more than 5 picks picked correctly last year.

Let me guess you found these #s in Charlies website Walterfootball?

They used to be decent about 10 years ago.

If the top 4 QBs are taken , draft best player available (Parsons) and pick up a vet QB .   We can draft a QB in the second round if needed .  Maybe take a chance on someone like Jamie Newman .  We don't need to make mistakes like Hurney by trading away picks to move up .  You don't know how this will work out . We still are rebuilding and need all of our picks . We have a few players with trade value if you want to move up .

1 minute ago, catnip said:

If the top 4 QBs are taken , draft best player available (Parsons) and pick up a vet QB .   We can draft a QB in the second round if needed .  Maybe take a chance on someone like Jamie Newman .  We don't need to make mistakes like Hurney by trading away picks to move up .  You don't know how this will work out . We still are rebuilding and need all of our picks . We have a few players with trade value if you want to move up .

Who knows how sitting out for a whole year while healthy affects a kid like Parsons. 

43 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Honest question...

What did you think of Haskins when he was coming out?

He had 5 400+ yards passing games in 2018. 50 touchdown passes. 

I didn’t like any of the first round QBs that year including Murray.I worry about Murray’s durability, I still worry about Josh Allen. Is this a 2015 Cam moment and this will be the best he was or is this him going forward? Haskins was always going to need time to develop. I thought and still think it’s a very meh class that is banking on potential. If Haskins were in this class where would he go? He’d for sure be behind Lawrence, Fields and Wilson. He’s a project guy in the same regard as Lance to me. Same as Jordan Love. These are guys that are going to need three years to develop before they are ready for the NFL. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

I didn’t like any of the first round QBs that year including Murray.I worry about Murray’s durability, I still worry about Josh Allen. Is this a 2015 Cam moment and this will be the best he was or is this him going forward? Haskins was always going to need time to develop. I thought and still think it’s a very meh class that is banking on potential. If Haskins were in this class where would he go? He’d for sure be behind Lawrence, Fields and Wilson. He’s a project guy in the same regard as Lance to me. Same as Jordan Love. These are guys that are going to need three years to develop before they are ready for the NFL. 

Yeah I don’t disagree on Haskins. Many said it would be best for his development to sit a year which he never ended up doing in Washington.

I’d like to think Rhule and co. did their homework on Haskins and then decided he was worth a visit. 

Low risk. Maybe his potential is still salvageable. 

15 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah I don’t disagree on Haskins. Many said it would be best for his development to sit a year which he never ended up doing in Washington.

I’d like to think Rhule and co. did their homework on Haskins and then decided he was worth a visit. 

Low risk. Maybe his potential is still salvageable. 

He’s, to me, still higher upside than PJ or Will so I’d bring him in and replace them. Especially if we can get him for the minimum then it likely saves us a little money from one of the other two. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Verge said:

Pretty sure Daniel Jeremiah reads my posts 😂

He just mocked Wilson and Lance over Fields 

Yeah Fields scares me a lot. 

It's like he has an "on and off switch" he has no control over. I think he wouldn't get as much hype if he was at a smaller school and be clearly behind Wilson.

28 minutes ago, Verge said:

Pretty sure Daniel Jeremiah reads my posts 😂

He just mocked Wilson and Lance over Fields 

I remember reading a tweet by Jeremiah early in the year, before Wilson moved up, that he had just watched a handful of games on all 3 guys, Trevor, Fields, and Lance, and that Lance was every bit as impressive.

He has been high on Lance for awhile.