• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers bringing in Haskins

ncfan

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I never said he would be going for starting an,  no he is not even worth 3rd string.

So you are saying that Grier is better than Haskins?  Not being critical, because if he is a head case and locker room cancer, the answer could be "yes."  Grier knows his role and has been a teammate, for all I know.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

So you are saying that Grier is better than Haskins?  Not being critical, because if he is a head case and locker room cancer, the answer could be "yes."  Grier knows his role and has been a teammate, for all I know.

Hell no we could find better than both but no way I would put this guy on our roster he is not good.

The risk is alienating a young squad that we’re trying to grow by saying your draft position is more important than on field production, being a good teammate, and working hard. He only cares about himself. The message we’re sending to him is you can fug up and be on a new team in like 2 weeks. Wow lesson learned.

I’d rather watch PJ 

31 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Do you think that bringing him in guarantees him a spot on this team?  Where did anyone on this forum state that he was going to replace anyone. 

Giving a kid a chance to prove himself doesn't mean he's taking anyone's spot.  

So what if he comes in and out performs PJ and Grier.  Are you going to be upset that he took their spot because he sucked in Washington.

The guy is a talent.  Whether Rhule and Co. can give make something out of nothing is all up in the air.  I'm just willing to give him a chance.  Apparently so is our staff.  At least an interview. 

He’s not even a talent. He’s a statue. He can’t run. He’s one dimensional and doesn’t fit the new NFL.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

Hell no we could find better than both but no way I would put this guy on our roster he is not good.

I hear you, but either is probably as good as any other third string qb in the NFL.  You did see the Eagles' third stringer, did you not?  I look at the position in relation to the roster and league--you have a first round pick--former starter--and he is your third string qb--

The play is not the only thing a third string qb must be--he must be a scout team QB, a pair of ears and eyes, a film room junkie (to give advice), etc.  To me, that stuff is important.  I do not think Haskins can be that guy, fwiw, but it makes sense to bring him in and find out.

I don't mind kicking the tires, but also LOL at preaching culture, winning, etc. and signing a guy who literally couldn't be bothered to stay out of the strip club during a pandemic while we cut a less talented player for being out without a mask.  The same QB who was replaced by our old trash in Heineke and got outplayed. 

1 minute ago, Ship said:

The risk is alienating a young squad that we’re trying to grow by saying your draft position is more important than on field production, being a good teammate, and working hard. He only cares about himself. The message we’re sending to him is you can fug up and be on a new team in like 2 weeks. Wow lesson learned.

I’d rather watch PJ 

if it doesn’t work you cut him no problem. we wouldn’t have the same investment in him as washington had. it’s no secret that i don’t think very highly of rivera but, even if you do, it’s pretty well accepted that washington has perhaps the most dysfunctional ownership situation in the league. bring him in, separate truth from fiction, see what he’s got and go from there. nothing to lose.

and what player is alienated by haskins being brought in? if it’s anyone outside of the qb room then they’re probably mentally weak and if it’s someone inside the qb room who gives a poo because all of them suck

OK, since I know slightly under half of you are vulnerable to conspiracy theories--what if we sign him to compete for the 3rd qb  job, announce that he will compete with Bridgewater--making people in the draft think we have addressed our QB position--then BOOM! we draft Wilson and they never saw it coming.  We cut Grier and Haskins.  Mic DROPPED.

Archived