• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peters is out - GM Search down to 3 candidates

Zod

3 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Lol this ^^^

people thought Gettleman was the architect behind some dynasty. Reality was the Giants were an average franchise that strung together 2 improbable immortal runs that got them Lombardi’s. I would kill for just one and I dont care how we get it, but the idea that the Giants were the model franchise in the 10 years before we hired Gettleman was hilarious

I'm okay with our decision to part ways with Gettleman though in typical Panthers fashion it was done in clumsy fashion with terrible timing. But, the guy did assemble a SB worthy roster and Rivera/Shula botched it on the biggest stage.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm okay with our decision to part ways with Gettleman though in typical Panthers fashion it was done in clumsy fashion with terrible timing. But, the guy did assemble a SB worthy roster and Rivera/Shula botched it on the biggest stage.

Prime Cam carried that roster. I don't think it would have mattered who the GM was.

(Edit: I mean just look at the WR corps.)

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The offense, sure. But that D was very legit.

The core of that defense was all there before Gettleman with the exception of Star and KK. Gettleman did a great job filling out the rest of the defense with savvy veterans but reality was Luke, TD, CJ, Norman were already there

1 minute ago, KillaCamNewton said:

The core of that defense was all there before Gettleman with the exception of Star and KK. Gettleman did a great job filling out the rest of the defense with savvy veterans but reality was Luke, TD, CJ, Norman were already there

You still have to round out the roster. That was always Hurney's problem. He could land a few stars but he struggled mightily to build a complete roster around them. It seemed like Hurney picks were all boom or bust and Hurney free agents were almost always bust.

Just now, Zod said:

How so? He just interviewed a dozen football people for a very important football position. 

And continues to filter them out so he can chase this fairytale of being the guy "who changed the system" 

either that or we go with ossenfort because tepper is bitter about losing caserio and really wants to hire the next patriots guy in line in true noob owner fashion

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

How so? He just interviewed a dozen football people for a very important football position. 

Tepper has no idea especially when he comes out in the interview after he fired Hurney and said well I kept him here to help him and Rhule to learn more. Yeah I think it shows a lot with so many interviews but y’all can keep thinking they are dying due diligence.

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wonder if it was our decision or his?

If a GM candidate has other options offering full traditional GM control, I can't see us appealing to that candidate with the model we seem to be creating. Sure looks like we're creating the full on Rhule Show and this "GM" is at best going to be a cog in the wheel and at worst be a rubber stamp and paper pusher.

If true, it could be his.

Peters is from the Bay Area and grew up absolutely loving the 49ers. He's called working for the team his "dream job" and there's a lot of speculation that he'll be GM there eventually.

It was always going to be hard to pry him away from that. A lot of folks just figured that his friendship with Matt Rhule might be enough.

Archived