• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to hire Scott Fitterer as GM

Mr. Scot

This is the whiniest, most insufferable, the-sky-is-falling group of people on the internet. 

He didn’t draft the players, but merely presented the cumulative research to Shneider it seems. No one was in the room so how can you assume how well any candidate was perceived? The shitty and holier than thou attitude is what turns people away from this board. 

Give the man a change. Let’s take a couple years to determine how well or poorly he does before vilifying him. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

They can't say "hired" until he's actually signed the contract.

Basically, they said "You want the job?" and he said "Yes." Once the paperwork is done, you'll hear it.

I thought it was odd, panthers never put out anything until the ink is dry. This is a first, most times twatter broke the news days ago. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I thought it was odd, panthers never put out anything until the ink is dry. This is a first, most times twatter broke the news days ago. 

Used to be that way, yeah.

They're allowed to say they've offered though. Heck, the Falcons put up a story about Terry Fontenot and Joe Brady with nothing official at all.

Some posters on this board are hilarious. The majority of you have never heard of any of the 15 candidates, but read an article once and looked at the persons picture online and decided “the guy you like” should get the job, or we are doomed. That or comparing draft results of the teams they worked for, when they didn’t even have final call on who was picked (because....you know they aren’t a owner/gm/coach).

With that being said Seattle has a good draft record (don’t believe me look at the entire thread dedicated to showing each candidates team results) and he seems very qualified for the position. I’ll go with NFL insider opinions on the guy over huddle posters. It seems like we made a very good selection and I have extreme confidence that we just got a major upgrade over Hurney. 

4D0A5704-A5D1-46EC-8887-E736090B6193.jpeg

Here is why I like it--and it is all circumstantial.  But the wisdom here will be explosive. 

I have compared Rhule to Carroll.  In many ways, they are very similar coaches. 

They have drafted unusual players over the years finding value in players others were not frothing at the mouth to get.  I thought their players were drafted too early--and I laughed (to myself).  Russell Wilson, for example, in the third round.  He sorta revolutionalized the QB position.  That was the same draft they took Wagner in the second (Utah St, I think) and Bruce Irvin in the first.  The grabbed DK Metcalf with the 64th pick...They seem to draft players who will respond to Carroll's coaching style.

Carroll and Rhule are going to go after players who fit their system (especially on D) and Rhule is going to get a lot out of players they found bottom feeding. I think when they drafted Shaquem Griffin in the fifth round, it told me that Carroll is confident in his ability to help a player overcome shortcomings.  He values family, and he knew Shaq Griffin would be inspirational to the other players. 

So that is all I can come up with, but the connection between the coach and scouting dept seems to have been pretty strong.  What does that mean?  We will find out.

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

This is the whiniest, most insufferable, the-sky-is-falling group of people on the internet. 

He didn’t draft the players, but merely presented the cumulative research to Shneider it seems. No one was in the room so how can you assume how well any candidate was perceived? The shitty and holier than thou attitude is what turns people away from this board. 

Give the man a change. Let’s take a couple years to determine how well or poorly he does before vilifying him. 

I couldn't have said it better. But I forgot most people on this board have been in the front offices of superbowl winning organizations. They are experts at what they are talking about....

Archived