• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you do with the #8 pick?

Icege

What would you do with the #8 pick?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with the #8 pick?

• Trade up to #2 or #3 (what are you giving up and who are you selecting?)
    • Trade down (who are you trading with and who are you selecting?)
    • Wait for #8 (who are you selecting?)
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson (what else are you giving up?)

If we can trade up for Wilson, that’s my number one choice. If we can’t and Lance or Fields is available at eight, that’s my second choice. If neither are, trade down, take one of the third tier QBs stock up picks for next year (get better return on investment trading for future picks)

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

draft the best player Available at 8, its more than 8 great prospect in this draft and I think we sit in a golden spot to grab whoever starts to drop. I like Smith, Pitts, farley and Parsons

Pitts in this offense would be interesting... hopefully Parsons falls but I doubt it. We've gotta go defense or OL no ifs, ands, or buts 

5 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

Pitts in this offense would be interesting... hopefully Parsons falls but I doubt it. We've gotta go defense or OL no ifs, ands, or buts 

im in love with Pitts, He is a major matchup nightmare but im pretty sure they are fixed on a QB

Probably stay put and take the best QB left, but IF all 4 of the top QB's are gone...

I'd be happy to trade back into the bottom of the 1st to grab Jones. Let's say WFT wants Lance so that Rivera can run him into the ground and cut his career in half. I've seen it happen, AND they will have a new GM looking to make his mark on the team. To jump 11 spots from 19 to 8, we could get their first, second and a 3rd (either this year or next). Jones at 19 doesn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth, grab a really good CB and OT in the second and 2 interior linemen in the 3rd. OHHHH WEEE, that's the makings of a damned fine team right there!

We have a brand new philosophy from top to bottom throughout this organization now. The stench of Richardson is finally gone with the ousting of Hurney.

So normally, I am of the stay put or trade down camp. Would love to get more picks and build the team through the draft with a dude that might not be completely incompetent. 

This year is different for me though. I have fallen in love with Wilson as a QB prospect and believe that given the right situation where he can sit and learn for some time before being thrown to the wolves, he has a shot at being the best QB in this draft. I truly believe this. Kid has the arm talent, the mobility, and the swagger to be a beast.

Because of my infatuation with him as a prospect, I am willing to trade up to 2 or 3 to take him. What would I give up to do it? Well, I'd give up a whole hell of a lot because I am banking on him being a Franchise QB, and those are worth multiple 1st round picks (and a few others).

HAVING SAID THAT

I like Trey Lance more than Fields, and there is a possibility that he will be available at 8. With Lance, I feel like he too, could be the best QB in this draft but only if he gets to sit his entire rookie year. By all accounts he is wicked smart, a leader, and a sponge for information. He is raw though, so he will need more time to ramp up to the speed of the NFL. 

So my preferences are trade up for Wilson (I think he'll be ready sooner), or sit tight for Lance (and let him sit his entire rookie year). 

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Ideally, trade for Watson.  Give up #8, next year's first, and frankly whatever it takes as filler. 

After that, I'm tied with staying at 8 or moving up to 3. I still don't think we see 4 QBs go before us, and honestly I'm not sure both WIlson/Fields go before us.  Between the rising and falling, some teams (like the Jets rumored to be) will decide they're okay or find a FA option, and somebody falls.  Not going to pretend to know off the top of my head, but I feel like the number of times even 3 QBs were selected Top 10 is low.  It's a QB-driven league more so now than ever...but there's also a lot of dumb teams out there, or those that will be happy to take BPA or wait on a Mac Jones or Trask.   

All of that said, if we have "a guy" and we have to go to 3 to get him...go for it. 

I don't see how this is even a viable option. In addition to giving up multiple 1st/top draft picks, we'd also have to pay watson 30+ million a year. Not to mention Bridgewater is still owned 21 million. This would be a horrible decision. 

Stay at 8 and take the best player available or trade down.

Archived