• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Browns at Chiefs divisional playoff game thread. Who you got?

Zod

Just now, top dawg said:

The rule was instituted to protect both players, and it was instituted for a reason, whether you thinks it's bullshit or not!

Don't give me that.

It's a terrible rule. It's only enforced against the defense.

The problem is most people don't get that they are closing on each other at 38 to 42 mph. At that speed you cover 2 yards in under a tenth of a second. 

In many cases you are asking the impossible. 

That rule is asking the impossible.

I'll make this simple for you. What sticks out the furthest from your torso? Your shoulders or your head?

What sticks out further from the torso of a defender his shoulders or his head?

If two players are diving for the same point and are parallel to the ground what point of contact do you think is going to happen first?

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Don't give me that.

The problem is most people don't get that they are closing on each other at 38 to 42 mph. At that speed you cover 2 yards in under a tenth of a second. 

I'll make this simple for you. What sticks out the furthest from your torso? Your shoulders or your head?

If two players are diving for the same point and are parallel to the ground what point of contact do you think is going to happen first?

It doesn't matter what you or I think. The rule is the rule! It's as simple as that!

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Don't give me that.

Dive and make contact with your arms extended instead of literally becoming a headfirst torpedo. Not complicated.

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Don't give me that.

38 to 42 mph??

Tom Cruise What GIF

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Holding is the rule as well. But every olineman holds on every single play and they don't call that do they?

The blatant ones get called. As a defender, if the only way to 'make a play' is to break a rule then you got beat, just like a CB interfering with a receiver when they blow by them instead of giving up a long TD pass. The flag should have been thrown and the Chiefs benefitted greatly.

3 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Dive and make contact with your arms extended instead of literally becoming a headfirst torpedo. Not complicated.

Your arms?

LMAO you've never played beyond HS have you?

The offensive player would blow right thru that and score.

The only way to stop him is get your head in front of him and use the side of your neck to stop him (barrier)

Archived