• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

You people aren’t willing to trade 

Vernon butler

shaq thompson 

kelvin Benjamin 

DJ Moore

CMC

Derrick Brown

brian burns

our 1st rounders from 2014-2020

Hate to burst bubbles, but CMC is the only one who is anywhere near watsons level.

DJ Moore is great, but people look at him a little too much through black and blue glasses

for Deshaun Watson? 

Edited by Pantherzack179812
  • Poo 1

Just now, Pantherzack179812 said:

You people aren’t willing to trade 

Vernon butler

shaq thompson 

kelvin Benjamin 

DJ Moore

CMC

Derrick Brown

our 1st rounders from 2014-2020

Hate to burst bubbles, but CMC is the only one who is anywhere near watsons level.

DJ Moore is great, but people look at him a little too much through black and blue glasses

for Deshaun Watson? 

You may want to attempt to re-write this, or at least read the entire discussion in this thread. Be a valued contributor if possible please.....

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Meaning he's not getting traded. 

Second most valuable thing in football is a pass rusher like him. 

I think you protect Moton (someone has to block), Moore (someone has to catch), Burns/Brown/Chinn (that's the defense)

anyone else? go hog wild. 

This.  These are the 5 untouchables to me.  I'd say CMC gets thrown in as well, despite the lack of positional value.  Can't see the team wanting to take another PR hit by trading their only marketable star that casual fans still have a connection to. Not the smartest football, move, no...but from the business side CMC isn't leaving. 

I also don't think players are even that big of a deal in a trade like this.  It's not like the NBA where 2-3 players get tossed in to even the cap, contracts can be changed to make that work.  The Texans will probably just want a shitload of picks, and whichever team backs up the biggest truck wins.

7 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Meaning he's not getting traded. 

Second most valuable thing in football is a pass rusher like him. 

I think you protect Moton (someone has to block), Moore (someone has to catch), Burns/Brown/Chinn (that's the defense)

anyone else? go hog wild. 

it's DeShaun WATSON my man.  The gap between the most valuable thing in football, which is an all-pro like DeShaun, and the second most valuable thing which is pass rushing, even though I would say it's left tackle, is so enormous it doesn't matter.  I don't care if we had Lawrence Taylor, you move whoever to get DeShaun

Edited by MVPccaffrey

1 minute ago, MVPccaffrey said:

it's DeShaun WATSON my man.  The gap between the most valuable thing in football, which is an all-pro like DeShaun, and the second most valuable thing which is pass rushing, even though I would say it's left tackle, is so enormous it doesn't have matter.  I don't care if we had Lawrence Taylor, you move whoever to get DeShaun

Texans dont have the leverage.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Got it. Thanks, I wasnt following your post. I see what you were leading with now.

You’re good.

also, I might add, our GM worked for the Seahawks who have traded their 1st round pick literally almost every year and picked later in the 1st when they kept it, I feel we could do fine without them.