• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

3 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Yeah, Texans just traded for David Johnson...why would McCaffrey entice them? They would want picks, picks, and more picks.

david johnson has one year left on his deal before he’s a 31 year old free agent. he could be cut and save the team almost $7 million. also the texans FO looks more like some weird cult than a functioning football team and i just have this sneaking suspicion that mcnair and co would really appreciate a guy like mccaffrey, even if it makes less sense than taking an additional draft pick

CMC, Teddy, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd, and 2022 1st. They get a franchise player in CMC, a QB to hold the spot until their rookie is ready, number 8 pick (use for a Trey Lance), high 2nd, and next year’s 1st. We shed CMC and Teddy’s contract to make Watson’s manageable and aren’t set back too much with picks. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

CMC, Teddy, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd, and 2022 1st. They get a franchise player in CMC, a QB to hold the spot until their rookie is ready, number 8 pick (use for a Trey Lance), high 2nd, and next year’s 1st. We shed CMC and Teddy’s contract to make Watson’s manageable and aren’t set back too much with picks. 

"Shedding" Teddy's contract creates a whopping $3M in cap space. Houston might take that deal, but they'd probably tell us to just keep Teddy.

14 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Cmc is a superstar and sells tickets and jerseys. It would help soften the blow of them losing another superstar. So I could totally see them taking him as part of the deal especially in a city like Houston he’d be beloved. 

Superstar.  Hmmmm.   He played in three games this year all losses

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Superstar.  Hmmmm.   He played in three games this year all losses

What I mean by that is he’s marketable. He’s in national commercials. He broke a record that only 2-3 (?) rbs ever did. It would soften the blow for the fans. We should’ve never signed him to begin with and this would be a great out.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

What I mean by that is he’s marketable. He’s in national commercials. He broke a record that only 2-3 (?) rbs ever did. It would soften the blow for the fans. We should’ve never signed him to begin with and this would be a great out.

Gotcha.  But I don't think the texans are that dumb