• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

MOCK Simulation LINKS

MHS831

what happened my fav CBS draft ranking, these are hideous !!!

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/draft.php?d=cvrxwt

8: R1 P8 QB Zach Wilson - BYU
39: R2 P7 OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan
73: R3 P9 LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Notre Dame
110: R4 P8 DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State
148: R5 P7 OT D'Ante Smith - East Carolina
188: R6 P9 OT Liam Eichenberg - Notre Dame

7 minutes ago, panthers320 said:

image.thumb.png.11ab90ff68a7d682e68e1f766aa72aa0.png

Haha if only this was realistic. I traded from 8 to 5 then 5 to 9 then 9 to 5 then 5 to 12 then 12 to 6. Then traded back into 8 then 8 to 19 then 19 to 13 then 13 to 18. some how turned our 8th pick in to 6, 18, 35, 48, a 1st in 2022 and 2 2nds in 2022. This GM stuff is easy!

Wow!  100% not realistic, but impressive still.

I would love to have one of the top 4 QBs but we know anything can happen, and if that happens, I would love if the draft ended up like this...

2021MockDraft.png.d869db61dda4182c0c05fe68fb819284.png

All 4 QB's were gone by the time of our pick.  Ended up trading back a couple times and ended up with these picks.  Acquired an additional 2nd from Jaguars for next year, and an additional 3rd from the Eagles next year.  Surrendered our 4th from next year to move up.

With the first pick, pairing up Christian Barmore with Derrick Brown...oh man.

Second pick, selecting possibly the best guard in the draft, Wyatt Davis.

Third pick, plug and play start at LT, Liam Eichenberg.  Re-sign Moton and you'd have the offenslive line as:

Liam Eichenberg - FREE AGENT - Matt Paradis - Wyatt Davis - Taylor Moton

...looks solid to me.

Fourth pick, could've gone CB here but Amon-Ra St. Brown was just too good to pass up here.  An amazing router runner, good after the catch.  Although he's not as fast as Curtis Samuel, St. Brown would be a perfect replacement.  WR group of DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Omar Bayless.  

Fifth pick, Chazz Surratt.  After passing up on Dylan Moses for St. Brown, I traded up (from 113th and 4th round next year) in order to select Chazz.  Jermaine Carter, Shaq Thompson, Chazz Surratt doesn't look too bad.

Sixth pick, if Panthers miss out on one of the top 4 QB's, I believe they'll select a QB but it'll probably be in this manner, in the mid-late to late rounds, Jamie Newman still available here, why not.

Seventh pick, best player available and a steal here in my opinion.  I know I know...Barmore was selected in the first round but Marvin Wilson was projected as a early 1st round pick before this season started.  If both end up reaching their potential...imagine the rotation in the middle, omg...

The DT group would be Derrick Brown, Christian Barmore, Marvin Wilson, Zach Kerr, Bravvion Roy.

Lastly, Tre McKitty, physically gifted, lots potential, he just needs to put it all together.  There's believe that he might've raised his draft stock by showing improvement in blocking ability.

• Flames 1

Let me just start off by saying I'd hate this draft, but I think this could be the type of scenario we're looking at with all of four of the "big four" QB prospects gone by #7.

I start off trading down in the 1st (twice) with all the QBs gone. I pick up an extra 2nd (Minnesota gave me a 2nd to move from #14 to #9) and 3rd (Denver gave me a 3rd to move up one spot) next year. Slater is there so I take him. Hopefully he's our LT for the next decade. If not, he has positional versatility and should work out somewhere along the OL and we pretty much need an upgrade everywhere except RT.

Rashawn Slater

OT Northwestern

Listen, I don't like this pick. BUT, we're done with Teddy. I think Jones is likely an NFL backup and this is a steep price for a backup, but it gives us a chance to give him a look as possibly more. I wanted Creed Humphrey or Wyatt Davis here but they were gone.

Mac Jones

QB Alabama

We need an upgrade at outside CB. Here's a guy.

Eric Stokes

CB Georgia

We could use an upgrade at MLB and need added depth at LB overall. I was surprised to see Moses still available.

Dylan Moses

LB Alabama

We want more versatility like Chinn. Well, here's a poor man's Chinn at #113. 

Talanoa Hufanga

S USC

I think Jackson is a very good and highly underrated C prospect.

Drake Jackson

OC Kentucky

Anderson will give us an upgrade at IOL depth immediately and could end up competing for a starting job at some point.

Jack Anderson

OG Texas Tech

This is a boom or bust pick. Palmer has some elite traits but his route running needs work and his QB situation in college was trash.

Josh Palmer

WR Tennessee

Taking another swing at QB here. Like I said, we're done with Teddy. I think we'll have a vet in the mix to compete with Jones but Buechele gives us a developmental #3. Ultimately, I doubt he works out by it's the 223rd pick. Few of them do.

Shane Buechele

QB SMU

2022 MIN 2nd

2022 DEN 3rd

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let me just start off by saying I'd hate this draft, but I think this could be the type of scenario we're looking at with all of four of the "big four" QB prospects gone by #7.

I start off trading down in the 1st (twice) with all the QBs gone. I pick up an extra 2nd (Minnesota gave me a 2nd to move from #14 to #9) and 3rd (Denver gave me a 3rd to move up one spot) next year. Slater is there so I take him. Hopefully he's our LT for the next decade. If not, he has positional versatility and should work out somewhere along the OL and we pretty much need an upgrade everywhere except RT.

Rashawn Slater

OT Northwestern

Listen, I don't like this pick. BUT, we're done with Teddy. I think Jones is likely an NFL backup and this is a steep price for a backup, but it gives us a chance to give him a look as possibly more. I wanted Creed Humphrey or Wyatt Davis here but they were gone.

Mac Jones

QB Alabama

Eric Stokes

CB Georgia

We could use an upgrade at MLB and need added depth at LB overall. I was surprised to see Moses still available.

Dylan Moses

LB Alabama

Talanoa Hufanga

S USC

Drake Jackson

OC Kentucky

Anderson will give us an upgrade at IOL depth immediately and could end up competing for a starting job at some point.

Jack Anderson

OG Texas Tech

This is a boom or bust pick. Palmer has some elite traits but his route running needs work and his QB situation in college was trash.

Josh Palmer

WR Tennessee

Taking another swing at QB here. Like I said, we're done with Teddy. I think we'll have a vet in the mix to compete with Jones but Buechele gives us a developmental #3. Ultimately, I doubt he works out by it's the 223rd pick. Few of them do.

Shane Buechele

QB SMU

2022 MIN 2nd

2022 DEN 3rd

I think you bring up a good point about versatility---and I think they love those players. I may do a thread on versatile players in this draft because there are many.  DL, CB/S/Nickel/LB, RB/WR, G/C/T, etc.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rashawn Slater

OT Northwestern

Mac Jones

QB Alabama

Eric Stokes

CB Georgia

Dylan Moses

LB Alabama

Talanoa Hufanga

S USC

Drake Jackson

OC Kentucky

Jack Anderson

OG Texas Tech

Josh Palmer

WR Tennessee

Shane Buechele

QB SMU

2022 MIN 2nd

2022 DEN 3rd

Did you do a sim or just guessed on your own about who would be available and the trades?