• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Washington Football Team finalizing deal with Marty Hurney

Zod

Snagged Martin Mayhew as well (title unknown as yet)

Mayhew's best known here for interviewing the last time we hired Marty. He's best known elsewhere for being the architect of the Lions team that went 0-16 a few years back.

Washington's had to close their facility due to Covid issues so Marty getting finalized might still be a few days off.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Snagged Martin Mayhew as well (title unknown as yet)

Mayhew's best known here for interviewing the last time we hired Marty. He's best known elsewhere for being the architect of the Lions team that went 0-16 a few years back.

Washington's had to close their facility due to Covid issues so Marty getting finalized might still be a few days off.

It sure looks like they want to get the number one pick next year.  They will certainly have the staff capable of pulling it off without even trying to tank.

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I consider him a bullsh*t artist.  He built his reputation on pure luck and a gift for kissing ass.

a boss asks his underling to do something really stupid or possibly illegal in a business sense and instead of asking “why are we doing something that would kill our business?”, marty’s the guy that goes, “sure thing, i’ll have it done before the end of the day”

i can’t relate to anybody who sees him as a sympathetic character 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I guess you weren't around to suffer through all of his tenure, both of them.  The man has scared the franchise and the fan base so bad that will take years for us to get over.

Was the word highlighted a typo and supposed to be scarred?  Or was that the word you intended?  It works either way, just wanted to clarify.😁

4 minutes ago, Gregg S said:

Was the word highlighted a typo and supposed to be scarred?  Or was that the word you intended?  It works either way, just wanted to clarify.😁

It's a typo.  I'm not fast enough on the edit button before it gets locked and your typos live on in infamy.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's a typo.  I'm not fast enough on the edit button before it gets locked and your typos live on in infamy.

That's what I thought, just ribbing you a little.  But like I said, it works either way.  He did scare the crap out of us on multiple occasions with his decisions.

ETA:  And scarred us a bit, too.

Edited by Gregg S
  • Pie 1