• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How soon will Deshaun and Houston be open to trade talks?

Zod

Best option for Houston, hire a coach Watson likes. Then spend February with the new coach trying to get him to stay. 

If, and only if that doesn't work out, then start trade chatter March 1st which gives them two weeks to find the best deal, then trade him the very first day (17th) allowed. Get it over with, move on, and stop all the national coverage. Repair the image as much as possible before the draft. Houston currently has no 1st or 2nd round picks, so no need to scout the top guys. Get this trade over with, get your picks, and start scouting those too guys before its to late. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

He is staying they are signing EB

This could happen. However, if I am EB I take my free meal, and tell them Thanks, but no Thanks. Here are the reasons.

First off, they didn't want him before Watson complained. Why go to a place you weren't good enough for just so they can keep their star player. You are either wanted or not wanted, and he obviously wasn't originally wanted.

Secondly, there is no guarantee that hiring EB convinces Watson to stay. His mind may be made up, and just ready to move on. It takes more than a coach to build a winner, Watson does not believe in McNair or Easterly.

Third, Houston is not good, and not anywhere near competing. They are capped out, and have no 1st or 2nd round pick this year. In other words, no immediate hope of improving, while all the potential in the world that Watson leaves, making them bottom dwellers. Any coach going there is probably fired in 3 years because there is little chance of winning in that time frame.

Fouth, patience is a virtue. I know it is tough, and EB just wants a chance. But going to a dumpster fire like Houston, losing games, and getting fired in 3 years just drives a narrative of why he wasn't hired previously. Wait for a better opportunity, a better foundation, and give yourself a real chance to succeed. In the meantime, try to win rings in KC.

I don’t understand Watsons need to be  so involved in all the FO and coaching hires...has a franchise QB ever had this much say in a hire or refused to play or want to leave if it wasn’t his guy?

No doubt Houston has ran out of toes shooting themselves in the foot, I just can’t imagine individual players being the most qualified people to hire their own coaches and FO personnel.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I don’t understand Watsons need to be  so involved in all the FO and coaching hires...has a franchise QB ever had this much say in a hire or refused to play or want to leave if it wasn’t his guy?

No doubt Houston has ran out of toes shooting themselves in the foot, I just can’t imagine individual players being the most qualified people to hire their own coaches and FO personnel.

I actually agree that he should not be so involved. However, the front office made him a promise, and then broke that promise. You don't make promises then back out, especially to your star player, creates trust issues. If you don't want him involved, don't make the promise. They messed up long ago making the promise.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I actually agree that he should not be so involved. However, the front office made him a promise, and then broke that promise. You don't make promises then back out, especially to your star player, creates trust issues. If you don't want him involved, don't make the promise. They messed up long ago making the promise.

Exactly what was promised?

Who made the promise and when?

How do we know?

58 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

This could happen. However, if I am EB I take my free meal, and tell them Thanks, but no Thanks. Here are the reasons.

First off, they didn't want him before Watson complained. Why go to a place you weren't good enough for just so they can keep their star player. You are either wanted or not wanted, and he obviously wasn't originally wanted.

Secondly, there is no guarantee that hiring EB convinces Watson to stay. His mind may be made up, and just ready to move on. It takes more than a coach to build a winner, Watson does not believe in McNair or Easterly.

Third, Houston is not good, and not anywhere near competing. They are capped out, and have no 1st or 2nd round pick this year. In other words, no immediate hope of improving, while all the potential in the world that Watson leaves, making them bottom dwellers. Any coach going there is probably fired in 3 years because there is little chance of winning in that time frame.

Fouth, patience is a virtue. I know it is tough, and EB just wants a chance. But going to a dumpster fire like Houston, losing games, and getting fired in 3 years just drives a narrative of why he wasn't hired previously. Wait for a better opportunity, a better foundation, and give yourself a real chance to succeed. In the meantime, try to win rings in KC.

He wants an head coaching job and how hard it has been he will not turn it down

• Beer 1

47 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I believe the issue is they told him in advance he would and then didn't.

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:
49 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Expand  

I believe the issue is they told him in advance he would and then didn't.

Too bad...

...get over it.