• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelce

WarHeel

Watching KC vs Buffalo I have to say we undervalued the TE position this season. Mahomes has thrown underneath all evening and Kelce has beaten his man nearly every damn play. When he’s not hitting Kelce for a first down Hill is juking half the secondary out of their cleats for a huge gain. 

Would we gripe about Teddy dinking/dunking as much if our guy is muscling his way for a first down every completion?

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think we undervalued the position as much as Ian Thomas just utterly failed to develop. He played better as a rookie than he has at any point since.

I’ve heard people divided on this all season. Did Thomas really regress or did Brady under utilize him? I’ll be honest, I didn't analyze this enough during the season but one thing is for sure, his absence was felt.

Just now, WarHeel said:

I’ve heard people divided on this all season. Did Thomas really regress or did Brady under utilize him? I’ll be honest, I didn't analyze this enough during the season but one thing is for sure, his absence was felt.

He was terrible when used. I have to assume that had a lot to do with him not being used more. Who's touches were you going to take away? 

• Pie 1

@WarHeel just check his stats, its a lazy way. I believe you did watch some games, remember *ANY* play he was a part of? Im done waiting, hes had the time and coaches. 

Im a sanjay TE believer. I want to control the middle of the field. No better friend to a QB than a TE. Its full hate on Teddy season, but if he just had a OK TE and healthy CMC, I doubt many would be calling for his right now replacement. TE is the most dangerous weapon in the league currently, a true match-up nightmare. They can block, so benefits running game. Move all around the field, back-field, outside, goal-line, etc. Its not like when a speedy slot WR come on the field, Ds send in nickles to defend... TEs could need a DB, LB, and DLman to marchup.

Wish I liked Pitts enough for the 8th..

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think we undervalued the position as much as Ian Thomas just utterly failed to develop. He played better as a rookie than he has at any point since.

This.  And honestly, we had 3 guys at WR who could turn nothing into something on any play they touch the ball, and Teddy still underperformed, so I don't think even a Kelce could've saved him.

Mahomes to Kelce is one of the most dominating connections in recent football history. Bridgewater to Thomas or Manhertz is laughable in comparison since none of those guys are any good. Bridgewater couldn’t hit an open DJ Moore in the end zone and literally cried about the play call being the problem like the dude is that horrible lol. The closest we had to KC was Newton to Olsen but we obviously have to upgrade big time to even come close to that again on both fronts.

• Pie 2