• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Want to feel sick?

ncfan

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You can spend all the money you want, it doesn't guarantee anything. 

By spend money I didn’t mean on just players but also other intangibles that our organization doesn’t have the benefit of like others. Our FO has been lacking for years and that is the foundation of success spending money there for the right people is the start and thats what Tepper has been doing so far. 

10 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Blame the players then who worked their ass off to beat WAS.  Tell them to their face how disappointed you are.  Just stop whining here already.

As if the players don't know they need a franchise QB to win. Not sure what you'd think would happen if someone said something to the players they themselves talk about offseason. "hey wish we woudla lost that game to get us a franchise QB" like what they would assault someone to get sued and imprisoned then suspended at best....lol

I would have 0 problem doing that and have talked  with former athletes about various sports scenarios. Bottom line is they think just like everyone else does off time but during the game they are going to try to win. Afterwards they talk the same as everyone else.
There are even interviews on ESPN where people got their QB injured by not blocking it was a Detroit player. Yet if you were to say something like that on here the ignant to reality people would be like "NAAAAA dat not a ting" It fugin happened to Scott Mitchel. And is an even worse idea morally than losing a game for a pick.

Not even to mention bountygate where the Saints risked their reputation(lol), picks, etc to hurt people on purpose. Starting Will Grier would be nothing compared to those situations and has legit room to be plausible as TB was never a long term solution and we have a 3rd round pick QB we haven't seen even though we know he sucks no one has seen that in a real game to solidify that yup that fool sucks.

Edited by Fox007

16 hours ago, Icege said:

Folks really in here whining that we didn't lose a game like Pederson didn't just get fired for doing what some of y'all been asking.

Lawd almighty

Peterson 100% got fired for his interactions with Wentz and it's laughable to believe otherwise 

16 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

He got fired because his quarterback doesn’t like him. 

We wanted to lose because we don’t have a quarterback. 

See the difference?

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

Peterson 100% got fired for his interactions with Wentz and it's laughable to believe otherwise 

Those concerns btw were based on Pederson internally promoting staff instead of looking at external candidates with top credentials, the fact that Pederson wanted to contend in 2021 - 2022 while Lurie wanted a "more long term approach," and he had lost the locker room (due to tanking).

Wentz was the cherry on top, not the whole sundae.

Edited by Icege
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

You should probably put at least some effort in to understanding the situation before making such statements. Any one of them will tell you that it was mostly about Pederson vs Lurie approach to new coordinators.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-fire-doug-pederson-20210111.html

https://twitter.com/phillysport/status/1348744100091203585?s=20

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

You should probably put at least some effort in to understanding the situation before making such statements. Any one of them will tell you that it was mostly about Pederson vs Lurie approach to new coordinators.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-fire-doug-pederson-20210111.html

https://twitter.com/phillysport/status/1348744100091203585?s=20

Which has literally nothing to do with them losing the last game like the original post alluded too. Sure he had a power struggle over coordinators, he also alienated their franchise QB. The Eagles chose Wentz. 

But Peterson was not fired because they lost that last football game 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 3:24 PM, Beerfacedlegend said:

It’s deshuan Stafford or bust for us we are not drafting a qb now we will miss out just like last year missing out on Justin Herbert because we wanted to win an extra game. 

people we will suck even worse next year my hopes are not up 

We wouldn’t have selected Herbert anyway. IMO

So I guess people have no concept of telling a football team where players spend entire offseasons preparing to win and guys fighting for roster spots and reps and stats only to be told they need to lose.

tell a guy that he’s guaranteed not to be cut or traded in a contract if a coach tells him to drop a pass, miss a block or just fall down?

right.

people think that’s real? It’s not wooden chess pieces you know

Edited by JARROD

3 hours ago, Icege said:

With Wentz being traded here soon, are you sure that him not liking Pederson was why Pederson was fired? 👀

@SOJASame 👀

Not going to lie. Was talking to a buddy earlier and this does throw an interesting wrinkle in that theory. Maybe they just want to start completely fresh.  

you know I’m not running from something if I’m wrong I’m wrong. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Not going to lie. Was talking to a buddy earlier and this does throw an interesting wrinkle in that theory. Maybe they just want to start completely fresh.  

you know I’m not running from something if I’m wrong I’m wrong. 

tb100 so long as they're looking at giving Hurts an actual shot and not marching him out there to get sacrificed for the rebuild, I'm on board with the move. That Wentz contract is atrocious.

• Beer 1