• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers land Stafford, it is win now, not rebuild

Zod

1 hour ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I would definitely take Stafford and we would be competing for the division. Solid QB. We can draft a QB in later rounds. I don’t get why people always think that with are guaranteed to get a franchise QB in the top 10. 

Because odds are significantly better to draft one in round 1 than drafting a prospect in the later rounds.  Nobody said it's guaranteed.  

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy will only hit us for $15M as a post-June 1st cut. Stafford would hit us for $20M. 

We save $8M releasing Teddy. We'll save another $14.5M making Short a post-June 1st cut. We'll save $6M releasing Weatherly. We can free up another $5M if need be by releasing Paradis. $4M releasing Burris. $2M is we're done with Ian Thomas. 

There's plenty of fat to trim.

Only $15m

Heres another Lesson, remember the AEdmards trade? A future 2 for him, that 2 became the 33 pick. I believe he was the 89th pick. Like the texans this year, they traded a future 1s for Tunsil. If you win and go playoffing, its now in the 20s. Trading future picks, you better win and not pull a Herniay. 

Issue with that trade, its not Hernaiy worst future trade up. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy will only hit us for $15M as a post-June 1st cut. Stafford would hit us for $20M. 

We save $8M releasing Teddy. We'll save another $14.5M making Short a post-June 1st cut. We'll save $6M releasing Weatherly. We can free up another $5M if need be by releasing Paradis. $4M releasing Burris. $2M is we're done with Ian Thomas. 

There's plenty of fat to trim.

I agree on all that fat that needs trimmed but don't lose sight of that fact that those guys will have to be replaced.  So factor that into the equation.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree on all that fat that needs trimmed but don't lose sight of that fact that those guys will have to be replaced.  So factor that into the equation.

If we add a legit QB, Teddy won't need to be replaced. We'd just stick with Walker or a similar cheap option.

Weatherly was terrible. His snap count was going down every week until he ended up on IR. He's already been replaced.

I think we're going to spend at least two picks on OL and 3 wouldn't shock me 

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Because Marty convinced him to.  The great evaluator of talent we adamant that Teddy was the man

Its hard to believe Rhule is that much of a push over. Maybe he his or maybe he just isn't good at qb evaluation. He seems promising otherwise.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we add a legit QB, Teddy won't need to be replaced. We'd just stick with Walker or a similar cheap option.

Weatherly was terrible. His snap count was going down every week until he ended up on IR. He's already been replaced.

I think we're going to spend at least two picks on OL and 3 wouldn't shock me 

They are going to need more than that unfortunately.  But it's a good start.