• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers let go of a couple of front office guys

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Front office personnel being replaced shortly after the hiring of a new GM? What about this seems odd?

Just seems like bad business to replace people just to replace them. 

Unless there is a lack of performance. But what are the odds after so many years someone would have a performance dip?

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It sucks to lose an old Panther like Carrier. But if it is for the best of the organization, so be it.

I think I might understand a little better after looking up what he was doing now.

From the Panthers media guide:

In his role, Carrier works with all facets of the football operations, consulting with general manager Marty Hurney on all football-related topics, including player evaluations, staff makeup and team direction. He attends events throughout the calendar year to interact with draft-eligible players and assess their team fit.

Yeah...Those duties are gonna belong to somebody Rhule and Fitterer hire.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think I might understand a little better after looking up what he was doing now.

In his role, Carrier works with all facets of the football operations, consulting with general manager Marty Hurney on all football-related topics, including player evaluations, staff makeup and team direction. He attends events throughout the calendar year to interact with draft-eligible players and assess their team fit.

Yep. It is what it is. 

He'll always be a Panther, at the end of the day.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. It is what it is. 

He'll always be a Panther, at the end of the day.

Last I'd seen, he had a role assisting players with planning out their lives after and outside of football and such.

Moving into a personnel related role probably hurt him once changes started being made.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wonder where he might get a job?

Any word on they replacements? Seems timing is odd, I mean with this weird scouting stuff, you'd think to keep everyone with a clue on staff til after the draft. They must could not be trusted, I know Carrier was basically Herniay right hand man. 

Mark ALlen form Seahawks is a name to watch, love to add him. Honestly this just made Fitererereers; job harder. 

24 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Any word on they replacements? Seems timing is odd, I mean with this weird scouting stuff, you'd think to keep everyone with a clue on staff til after the draft. They must could not be trusted, I know Carrier was basically Herniay right hand man. 

Mark ALlen form Seahawks is a name to watch, love to add him. Honestly this just made Fitererereers; job harder. 

Honestly, these aren't necessarily positions that require a replacement.

I'd imagine what Carrier did will be taken over by one of Rhule's people (Sean Padden, maybe). The logistics guy would probably just be someone internal.

I do find an interesting though that we're churning the front office staff. I wasn't sure if they were going to do that now or maybe wait until after the draft. 

Possible any higher level changes might not come till later.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sounds like he was just around the Hurndog too much. 

• Pie 1

I've said before the people I'm watching most closely are Jeff Morrow and Matt Allen.

Morrow holds the same title as Pat Stewart, just with "executive" in front of it. Seems redundant, and I kinda doubt they're gonna let go of Stewart.

Matt Allen? Well, he's Jerry Richardson's grandson. I don't know how good he is it is job, but unless he's really good it won't be terribly surprising if he gets replaced as Director of Pro Personnel.