• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watched film of all the top QBs: Zach Wilson screams Mitch Trubisky but Trey Lance has some Mahomes vibes

hepcat

22 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

That's an astonishing statement, since many people believe Lawrence's ceiling is GOAT. 

Lance's Ceiling / Lawrence's Ceiling 

Lawrence's floor

Lance's Floor 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

That's an astonishing statement, since many people believe Lawrence's ceiling is GOAT. 

And I would ask them if they really think that Lawrence is going to surpass TB12's accomplishments. I doubt that Lawrence turns out to be the best QB playing right now (which, for now, is Mahomes). He's got a long way before he's in the conversation of Marino Rodgers, Montana, Manning, Elway, Favre, Bradshaw, etc. 

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And I would ask them if they really think that Lawrence is going to surpass TB12's accomplishments. I doubt that Lawrence turns out to be the best QB playing right now (which, for now, is Mahomes). He's got a long way before he's in the conversation of Marino Rodgers, Montana, Manning, Elway, Favre, Bradshaw, etc. 

It’s hard to imagine any one QB going to ten Super Bowls. 

40 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s hard to imagine any one QB going to ten Super Bowls. 

I saw every one of them(the 9, and will see this one if I'm here), and it's still hard to believe, much less imagine. It's incredible! Mahomes may have a shot, just looking at his early career, because he began in an era where the QB and receivers are more protected, but, even still, he's going to have to dodge the injuries and just...last. That's why I chuckle at people who don't want to give Brady his due (which there are plenty). He may not be the best I've ever seen (which IMO is Marino), but he's the GOAT!

Edited by top dawg

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I saw every one of them, and it's still hard to believe, much less imagine. It's incredible! Mahomes may have a shot, just looking at his early career, because he began in an era where the QB and receivers are more protected, but, even still, he's going to have to dodge the injuries and just...last. That's why I chuckle at people who don't want to give Brady his due (which there are plenty). He may not be the best I've ever seen (which IMO is Marino), but he's the GOAT!

Brady is the GOAT. I also wouldn't be surprised if it eventually comes out that he is taking a PED like Human Growth Hormone to help with his longevity and relatively injury free career. I think the TB12 training method is just cover for some shady poo. Just my opinion, no hard evidence to point to yet.

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Brady is the GOAT. I also wouldn't be surprised if it eventually comes out that he is taking a PED like Human Growth Hormone to help with his longevity and relatively injury free career. I think the TB12 training method is just cover for some shady poo. Just my opinion, no hard evidence to point to yet.

Well, he did get hurt that one season (which makes what he's accomplished even more amazing from some perspective). 

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

Of course he does. As Verge so visually put it, Lawrence and Lance have very high ceilings. Either could wind up a top 5 all-time QB. But Lance could be a total bust. And while it's certainly possible that Lawrence could bust, the odds are very high that he doesn't. The same can't be said for Lance right now.

37 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Of course he does. As Verge so visually put it, Lawrence and Lance have very high ceilings. Either could wind up a top 5 all-time QB. But Lance could be a total bust. And while it's certainly possible that Lawrence could bust, the odds are very high that he doesn't. The same can't be said for Lance right now.

You do realize that the only reason some people are saying that Lance is a boom-or-bust type of player is based his level of competition. Most scouts that I've seen (like Bucky Brooks for example) are saying this. Lance has elite traits that project well to the NFL. With good teaching, learning and experience, I just don't see him being a bust. 

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You do realize that the only reason some people are saying that Lance is a boom-or-bust type of player is based his level of competition. Most scouts that I've seen (like Bucky Brooks for example) are saying this. Lance has elite traits that project well to the NFL. With good teaching, learning and experience, I just don't see him being a bust. 

Of course that's one reason they're saying that. And personally, I don't think he'll be a bust either. But ask the odds makers in Vegas (I'm sure they have odds on this...they have odds on everything) and you'll see Lawrence has very low odds of bust while Lance is closer to 50/50. But hey, not just Lance...all the other prospects are probably close to 50/50. It's a gamble. But Lawrence is the safest bet since Luck. Like Verge demonstrated...Lawrence has a very high floor. All the others have much lower floors...like out of the NFL floors. Nobody believes Lawrence won't be in the NFL in 5 years.