• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The wrath of Rhule

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Similar vein...

No idea if it's true, but it sounds like he would have had "hard coaching" here too.

Teddy Bruschi is also a dumb Pats homer. He slurps them so hard it's digusting.

I am pretty sure Stafford just wants to avoid New England after having to deal with Matt Patricia's dumb ass for three years. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Teddy Bruschi is also a dumb Pats homer. He slurps them so hard it's digusting.

I am pretty sure Stafford just wants to avoid New England after having to deal with Matt Patricia's dumb ass for three years. 

No argument there.

Also worth noting that GM Bob Quinn was a Patriots guy as well.

From what I've read, I think Patricia is actually back with the Patriots in some role.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

poo gets said in the heat of things but in all my years of management one thing I've learned is that you never outright threaten to fire someone out of emotion. People will move past it, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they don't forget it and they'll definitely remember it if/when another opportunity comes calling.

I've worked at three different companies during my time.

I've never seen an ounce of loyalty - everyone moves on if a better opportunity arises. Hell most are actively seeking out those better opportunities. 

It's just the way of the world these days. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

The article includes similar feedback from players.

There was chatter out of the Senior Bowl about Rhule yelling at his coaches just as much as he did the players. Sounds like that was legit.

Imagine that.  A coach that actually coaches, pushing players and coaching staff to strive for better.  What a novel concept.  I like this much more than coaches standing stoically on the side lines, looking constipated.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

They hired Rhule to turn this into a winning franchise. This is how he is doing it. Apparently, this is how he has done it at Baylor and Temple. 

If he gets the same results here, then we have nothing to complain or worry about. This is how he builds a team. Rivera built his differently and folks will have to get accustomed to the new way or move on.

It will take time to get to the prime spot in this arc, but I think we're seeing growth here. This wasn't going to be an overnight fix, although I can't help but think had CMC been healthy, we'd have had four to five more wins over the season.

Give it time.

The difference is 10 wins a year or just having a winning record isn't good enough. 

He needs to win a Superbowl. 

Let's see if he is good enough. 

Seems some here have been working in sheltered low expectation environments.  Comparing an IT department to a professional sports team and how they operate is apples and oranges.

First people complained at the notion that Rhule doesn't fire assistants now they are complaining that he's demanding. The common thread is that these people are going to complain regardless. It literally doesn't matter what the topic is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I've worked at three different companies during my time.

I've never seen an ounce of loyalty - everyone moves on if a better opportunity arises. Hell most are actively seeking out those better opportunities. 

It's just the way of the world these days. 

I've worked for 29 different companies in roughly 14 years and there are about 20% of them that are loyal, mostly smaller companies. I have yet to work for a Fortune 500 company that has any loyalty whatsoever.

• Pie 2

41 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I've worked for 29 different companies in roughly 14 years and there are about 20% of them that are loyal, mostly smaller companies. I have yet to work for a Fortune 500 company that has any loyalty whatsoever.

Wow, that's an amazingly large number of companies in such a short time. Pie to you.

39 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Wow, that's an amazingly large number of companies in such a short time. Pie to you.

I am a hired gun. I come in and fix things or work short term contracts. It isn't that rare in my line of work but I tend to be a lot less loyal than most. 

It has worked in my favor so far. So absolutely no regrets about it.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've pondered that.

There's no promotion from head coach in the NFL. This is it, and at this level taking an underachieving program to moderate success doesn't get you a pat on the back. It gets you the door.

Rhule's in a different world than before, one that's going to ask a lot more of him than the prior ones did.

Seriously hope he's up to it.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

And he may also like those opportunities to build. That's the thing, some people enjoy the path more than the destination. 

Here is a crazy thought, what if he jumps ship in 3-4 years after he builds a 12-14 win team? He is technically as high as he can go in the head coaching ranks....but maybe he finds the building process the most rewarding?

This is all theory, of course. He still has to actually BUILD a winner here. But if that does happen, I am curious to see how he handles sustained success. Can he maintain it? Can he keep the kind of atmosphere he wants after he has been here for 4-6 years?

To be determined(hopefully).

I agree wholeheartedly with both of you. In the end, we will just have to see. I get the feeling he knows what he is doing and a HC gig in the NFL seemed to be where the trajectory of his career was headed. I don't think anyone could get bored with a 12-14 win team, but if he did... well, no one said you couldn't blow up your own winning team and start over just to show that you can do it.

I like Rhule, I like how he is coaching and building here. Will he be the "One" in Carolina? We're just going to have tune in and find out.

• Beer 2