• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith HoF is he in or out?

micnificent28

I don't see any way he's a 1st ballot guy, not with the "fights".  Character matters in those votes. TO it took 3 years, same for Michael Irvin. Chris Carter took 6.. All had some skeletons.. Hell, Art Monk took 8, and he was all world well regarded. 

It will happen, he's one of the 25 best to ever play the position, but don;t lose your minds if it takes a few years. 

9 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Do you know anything about his backstory?  Yeah I didnt think so. 

Yes please tell me how some random on the internet knows smith so intimately he was able to come to the conclusion he’s a trash human being, don’t forget to cite the numerous charity events and donations champ 

43 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

Share his backstory. What do you personally know and how do you know? I'm not doubting you or being a smart ass like 90% of the posters act like on here, I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from and how you know this to be true. By all means please shed some light on this. Don't give us a part of the story and just he is a bad human then leave us hanging. I want to know more if you're willing to share.

Setting aside his sucker punching not one but two teammates and ending the career of one of those.  We can go back to his days of Junior college where he was disruptive and suspended because of his abusive and violent behavior.  And if that is not enough we can go to his sons flag football league where he blew up on a ref and had to be restrained.  But yeah other than that Smith is a world class citizen. 

Don't like bumping up an old thread, but I wont let that be the last thing said about Steve Smith. 

Steve Smith WILL be a Hall of Famer, most likely 1st ballot.  His numbers alone put him in, his national TV gig will get him in faster.  No one outside of the dude above cares about a couple of altercations he had during practice when it comes to HoF voting.

Here are some images of how we should remember a Panther Goat

200w.gif.8b407e3e597ead5575494dcd2e51d4c4.gif

i0XR1WI.gif.e21f47628ef731b9737adea2bb66c621.gif

steve.gif.2b95c38dd9edb6d949dc7128f14bfbab.gifstevesmithTDdancing.gif.1074bdd8723d58f8bfd6bc4825e9cb71.gif

2 hours ago, Borat said:

Should be in, but it’s tough for WRs for some reason. His attitude will do him no favors as well.

His end zone fight with Harper and Jenkins is one of my favorite plays in league history.

I loved how Harper was actually the one that laid him out, but Steve just started whooping up on the first guy he saw when he got up

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

I loved how Harper was actually the one that laid him out, but Steve just started whooping up on the first guy he saw when he got up

I liked how he got cheap-shotted, finished his celebration, then stomped over to the fracas to punk Malcolm Jenkins 

On 2/13/2021 at 8:09 PM, KillerKat said:

It was actually 3 and a couple more that were prevented. Plus many other negative fan interactions that have been shared many times over.

Doesn’t matter, he was attempting to deem someone he’s never met a horrible human being, I'm sure Smith refusing to sign an autograph elevates him to hitler status 

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Doesn’t matter, he was attempting to deem someone he’s never met a horrible human being, I'm sure Smith refusing to sign an autograph elevates him to hitler status 

Sucker punching 2 of your teammates does indeed make him a horrible horrible human being.  thats just the way it is whether I have met him or not doesnt matter plus all of the other crap he has done that hasnt seen the light of day.