• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT: Orlando Brown Jr wants to be traded

JawnyBlaze

11 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Seriously?....oKung was awful

No, he really wasn't. Agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I definitely would.

Agree to disagree. We only remember him fondly because of how poor the tackles around him were. He was an average to slightly above average LT.

Now, you could certainly argue that those are becoming rarer. That I would certainly agree with.

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No, he really wasn't. Agree to disagree.

Agree to disagree. We only remember him fondly because of how poor the tackles around him were. He was an average to slightly above average LT.

Now, you could certainly argue that those are becoming rarer. That I would certainly agree with.

Which is definitely with a 3rd. I'm kinda tired of consistently fielding trash at LT. IMO, Oher was a little above average at pass blocking and average to a little below average at run blocking. If I could get that again for a 3rd, hell yeah.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Which is definitely with a 3rd. I'm kinda tired of consistently fielding trash at LT. IMO, Oher was a little above average at pass blocking and average to a little below average at run blocking. If I could get that again for a 3rd, hell yeah.

Lol. That also speaks to our specific level of desperation at that position. It was nice for a few games this year to see actual competent LT play for the first time since Jordan retired. 

I am sure Brown Jr. will command more than a third, unfortunately. I know we all keep seeing the shiny toys available in the trade market, but we have to pick our poison on these "hypothetical" trades. We really need to get some of these drafted guys into the organization to start to build with. 

That's a question for you, do you stay in the game for a veteran QB trade or trade up in the draft, or do you try and get Orlando Brown, Jr.? I don't think we can afford both in terms of reasonable draft capital. 

We *need* to keep our picks.  We *need* to hit on our picks.  That's all there is to it.  You can't start thinking about trading away picks for vets until we actually have a team that competes.  Let's take a year or two more to build a team.  As long as we continue to improve, I can live with that.

When we start having those winning years consistently, we can then start thinking in terms of needing to fill just a few key holes.

22 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Lol. That also speaks to our specific level of desperation at that position. It was nice for a few games this year to see actual competent LT play for the first time since Jordan retired. 

I am sure Brown Jr. will command more than a third, unfortunately. I know we all keep seeing the shiny toys available in the trade market, but we have to pick our poison on these "hypothetical" trades. We really need to get some of these drafted guys into the organization to start to build with. 

That's a question for you, do you stay in the game for a veteran QB trade or trade up in the draft, or do you try and get Orlando Brown, Jr.? I don't think we can afford both in terms of reasonable draft capital. 

I don't think it's desperation. An above average pass blocking LT is worth a 3rdvall day everyday. You don't have to have Jonathan Ogden, but you can't afford to put trash on the field.

But no, we would have to be very conservative with any trade offer we make until we figure out QB.

A 3rd? Yeah, all day long. Hell, a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year is fine by me. But we gotta keep all those 1sts and 2nds on our back pocket unless it's in a deal to land a QB.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/10/report-orlando-brown-jr-wants-to-be-traded/

I don’t know much about him other than the obvious lineage and he was supposed to be pretty good from what I heard that draft season. First or second rounder right? Wonder what it would cost, cuz we could definitely give him the chance to play LT like he wants heh

Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Slightly amended...

Or any of the various other forms of trash we've fielded at OT since Gross retired. Oher was good. Sucks he got that concussion. Okung was good. Sucks he can't stay on the field. 

The Byron Bell/Nate Chandler tandem in particular has to be in the discussion for worst planned starting OT tandem in NFL history. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, BrianS said:

We *need* to keep our picks.  We *need* to hit on our picks.  That's all there is to it.  You can't start thinking about trading away picks for vets until we actually have a team that competes.  Let's take a year or two more to build a team.  As long as we continue to improve, I can live with that.

When we start having those winning years consistently, we can then start thinking in terms of needing to fill just a few key holes.

He’s a good NFL player. If you’re hoping some rookie who has never taken a snap in the NFL is going to be as good as him, then just offer the pick for him. I’d rather have a known than an unknown. I wouldn’t offer a first but he’s worth trading for if it’s not first round picks they want. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s a good NFL player. If you’re hoping some rookie who has never taken a snap in the NFL is going to be as good as him, then just offer the pick for him. I’d rather have a known than an unknown. I wouldn’t offer a first but he’s worth trading for if it’s not first round picks they want. 

Well he did make a Pro Bowl as a RT and LT. I suspect a first is a must.

• Pie 1