• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

jj watt released

electro's horse

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Why release and not trade? You know somebody would have snatched him up. What is going on in Houston.

Oh last year with apparently no dead money but still. Probably could have gotten something for him.

This was my first thought--- I think he was a bit outspoken about his QB-is this their answer?  If so, Watson is as good as gone.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

He will be overpaid on name alone.  Like when we brought in Reggie White, jared Allen, etc. I love his fire, but they know something. 

Sure, he's no longer what he once was but he'll still be a very effective player for someone. We all know something about Houston too. They're currently the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL and possibly all of professional sports.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The poo show continues in Houston. I expect Watt to go ring chasing. He deserves to go to a contender.

He is still young, so that could mean he sees the upside here.  I would want to be part of the growth, not some team that brings in ex-Patriots to win rings.