• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La Canfora on Tepper's desire for Watson/franchise QB

top dawg

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

What do you mean it would make no sense? Watson has publicly stated he wants out, and wants nothing more to do with the Texans situation. That’s all the sense you need right there. That place is a dumpster fire, and I don’t think anybody blames him for wanting out.

It makes sense for Watson to want to leave. It doesn't make sense for the Texans to allow him to leave via a trade. That's all the sense that matters.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

It makes sense for Watson to want to leave. It doesn't make sense for the Texans to allow him to leave via a trade. That's all the sense that matters.

Valid.

All the reasons we can lay out for wanting Watson equally apply as reasons why the Texans shouldn't trade him.

And yes, they so have a choice.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

How much we would have to give up would be dependent on what other teams were also offering. 

If the Jets want to be aggressive it would take an offer from us that most people here wouldn’t be comfortable with.

I’m thinking three first, Burns and Chinn.

Edited by AU-panther

Love Watson. Don't love giving up what it will likely take to get him.

I get it's a QB league - more so than ever, but you still need other quality pieces and the potential of acquiring other quality pieces within a constantly fluid roster, fluid due to unpredictable injuries and performance.

Getting him would hurt our cap flexibility and drain us of significant assets. It would be a short-term exciting splash, but one injury (to Watson) or an obviously ham-strung and unbalanced team would sure have a bitter flavor.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Valid.

All the reasons we can lay out for wanting Watson equally apply as reasons why the Texans shouldn't trade him.

Tepper would run down Mint Street nude screaming for joy if we landed Watson. What would the Texans owner and leadership be doing if they lost him? There would be firings. It's not happening.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

What if he sits out? What if he's tearing the locker room apart. Undermining the staff and front office?

At some point, a situation gets to the point of toxicity that the trade haul you're going to get greatly outweighs trying to keep him. It sounds like that bridge is likely already burned.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not John McClain though.

The template he laid out said otherwise, and McClain is one of the best Texan sources you can find.

True, he did put out those reports, and he is connected to the Texans. Things can change though when a team calls and offers a player the caliber of CMC, who can sell tickets and jerseys. CMC can also be the best thing for a young QB with the learning curve, he can take off a lot of pressure. 

To be honest the Texans need so many different things, anything is possible. 

Just now, pantherj said:

Tepper would run down Mint Street nude screaming for joy if we landed Watson. What would the Texans owner and leadership be doing if they lost him? There would be firings. It's not happening.

Firings? Of the guys they just hired?

The hiring decisions/non-decisions evidently were the straws that broke the camel's back for Watson in Houston.  That's on ownership, not the guys they hired.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

What if he sits out? What if he's tearing the locker room apart. Undermining the staff and front office?

At some point, a situation gets to the point of toxicity that the trade haul you're going to get greatly outweighs trying to keep him. It sounds like that bridge is likely already burned.

Let me know if he does any of that and I'll get excited. I want him here. I'm not trying to dash anyone's hopes. Let's make it happen.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Yeah but Mr Scot of the carolinahuddle has been sticking his Dorito crusted fingers in his ears and screaming emphatically that we have no chance so this cannot be true

LOL come on man. Bout spat out my Starbucks reading this. I have Scotty pegged as a Rolds Gold pretzels type of guy. 

• Pie 1