• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

7 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

It’s February 18th I mean who else would be the qb right now LMAO. Maybe u should learn how to read into things, my bad you probably don’t know how to do that do you?

WTF kind of incoherent babble are you on about.

The thread is about a tweet which is responding to this question: As of 2/18 do you think we open the season with the same starting QB?

Not who is the starting QB right now.

I'd write it in crayon if I could but that means that Voth currently thinks TB would be our starting QB next year. 

Edited by Fox007
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

I don't think Tepper could handle that.

I know some folks think because he's got enough money to buy the world Tepper will automatically get whatever he wants, but that's not realistic in the NFL (ask Jerry Jones).

As to the topic Voth and Gantt have been pretty consistent in their statements about it. The basic facts are as follows.

- The Panthers would love to trade for Watson
- As of right now, the Texans are not willing to trade Watson and aren't listening to offers
- The Texans might change their mind later, but it's not guaranteed
- if that does happen, plenty of other teams will make offers as well
- The Panthers are not necessarily in position to make as good an offer as some other teams
- They do have other options, including trading for someone else or going to the Draft
- Trying to get their first choice in the Draft won't exactly be easy either
- And yeah, when all is said and done, we could be back to Bridgewater for one more year

The basic summary is that wanting him is easy. Getting him would be extremely difficult.

I'm not a real big fan of watching another season of what I saw last year, but there's not a whole lot any of us can do about that.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know some folks think because he's got enough money to buy the world Tepper will automatically get whatever he wants, but that's not realistic in the NFL (ask Jerry Jones).

As to the topic Voth and Gantt have been pretty consistent in their statements about it. The basic facts are as follows.

- The Panthers would love to trade for Watson
- As of right now, the Texans are not willing to trade Watson and aren't listening to offers
- The Texans might change their mind later, but it's not guaranteed
- if that does happen, plenty of other teams will make offers as well
- The Panthers are not necessarily in position to make as good an offer as some other teams
- They do have other options, including trading for someone else or going to the Draft
- Trying to get their first choice in the Draft won't exactly be easy either
- And yeah, when all is said and done, we could be back to Bridgewater for one more year

The basic summary is that wanting him is easy. Getting him would be extremely difficult.

I'm not a real big fan of watching another season of what I saw last year, but there's not a whole lot any of us can do about that.

I don’t think we have all our eggs in the Watson basket. But I do think we are moving on from Teddy 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

After a year where we had literally zero income from fans coming to games, I doubt in the highest degree that we roll Teddy out there to start the year. Keeping him on the field will keep fans at home. 

Yeah, they know this. I personally thought they’ve made their intentions quite clear so far this offseason.

Again, it’s February 18th... of course as of today Teddy is our QB. Can things change? Of course.

Options are limited though. Lawrence and Wilson are going 1-2 to the Jags and Jets and that isn’t changing. They made a real run at Stafford, offering their 1st rounder... so they’re trying 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

It’s not gonna be Teddy for the whole year let’s put it that way. Either a vet will be week1 starter. Or a rookie is week 1 - mid year starter 

There's still the possibility they could trade for someone like Darnold or Mariota, but Voth seemed indicate that if we don't get Watson, the most likely Plan B is to look to the draft.

Others have said similar things. It definitely doesn't sound farfetched.

11 minutes ago, t96 said:

Also, we can draft any of the top 3 QBs (obv. excluding Lawrence) and still see Teddy start this year. This is actually my preference.

That's definitely an option.

The closer we get to the draft though, seems like it's growing less and less likely that we'll be able to acquire one of those guys without trading up.

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

WTF kind of incoherent babble are you on about.

The thread is about a tweet which is responding to this question: As of 2/18 do you think we open the season with the same starting QB?

Not who is the starting QB right now.

I'd write it in crayon if I could but that means that Voth currently thinks TB would be our starting QB next year. 

3 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I'd heard he's Scott Fowler.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

That's definitely an option.

The closer we get to the draft though, seems like it's growing less and less likely that we'll be able to acquire one of those guys without trading up.

I feel for everyone who wants a different qb.

I completely agree on that point.

However there's nothing wrong with trying to stand pat and use the next two years to build up our depth at any number of positions, including qb, and letting the draft come to us.

Remember, everyone: Rhule notoriously favors a slow build approach where it takes years to rebuild a program.

• Beer 1