• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

1 minute ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

Exactly.  The oline and secondary alone make me seriously ponder the idea of trading back this year to try to fix as much as we can.

I like Sam Howell better than any of the three options behind Lawrence.

But planning for a quarterback in next year's draft isn't really practical.

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He looked awful, Im FIRMLY in "Panthers got faaaar too many holes/dont overpay for Watson/early first group". FIRM!

No one of the trade everything for Watson crew has answer my question about the OL or how they feel about putting him behind it. NOT ONE. They must feel watson can block the whole DL, be the starting TE, and not get injuried during this. Walker isnt Teddy, since many have a hate boner for Teddy. 

1 minute ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

Exactly.  The oline and secondary alone make me seriously ponder the idea of trading back this year to try to fix as much as we can.

Here is what I have to say to that is so you would give up all these picks to move up to 3 to get a qb to put behind the same oline? I mean do y’all really think before you write?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm an old man. I'd definitely love to see a good Panthers team sooner rather than later 😆

A month ago, the idea of standing pat with Bridgewater for another year would have sounded incomprehensible to me. Even today, the thought makes me cringe.

But with all that said, it might just happen.

Hope not, but who knows?

Yes. Im Too.

Really had to talk myself into renewing psls for four more years but hopeful  of a qb change and that Rhule isnt the used car salesman he might be,  so took the plunge for  four more years 

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Here is what I have to say to that is so you would give up all these picks to move up to 3 to get a qb to put behind the same oline? I mean do y’all really think before you write?

I said that in the quote, check the first line and look at your own question.

Very possible we don’t like QB4 even if he falls to 8.

Also very possible we aren’t willing to give up the farm to move up for QB3.

Very possible that the team that can draft QB2 isn’t willing to trade out.

Fact is the only thing we really control is that Teddy is under contract next year.

Drafting or signing Watson, Wilson, Fields, or Lance are all dependent on other teams. 

It is possible though that we become more interested in some of the draft QBs the closer we get to the draft.  If we strike out on vets or can’t trade up we might start talking ourselves into other options. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I like Sam Howell better than any of the three options behind Lawrence.

But planning for a quarterback in next year's draft isn't really practical.

I'm not even really considering "next year's draft" in that.

The defensive line needs more depth, imo.

Linebacker, good luck.  It's more "where do we start to build" than anything.

Tight end is a depthless waste of roster space currently.

RB: can CMC stay healthy?  Was last year an anomaly?

WR: I'm still hoping we can keep Samuel honestly.  I think it's likely our strongest position.

OL is more LOL.

I could blink and miss every single qb we have.  

The secondary is more of an afterthought than anything.  Donte Jackson never lived up to his draft hype, Pryde doesn't inspire me, and the rest...christ.  May god protect Chinn.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Woody26 said:

Knew as soon as I sent those tweets to Bill that it would end up on the huddle. He's always done a good job of answering my questions so figured it was worth a shot.

We just need Houston to realistically engage teams because Deshaun's stance isn't changing

The part about needing Houston to make a wise choice is where the plan fails.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

I'm not even really considering "next year's draft" in that.

The defensive line needs more depth, imo.

Linebacker, good luck.  It's more "where do we start to build" than anything.

Tight end is a depthless waste of roster space currently.

RB: can CMC stay healthy?  Was last year an anomaly?

WR: I'm still hoping we can keep Samuel honestly.  I think it's likely our strongest position.

OL is more LOL.

I could blink and miss every single qb we have.  

The secondary is more of an afterthought than anything.  Donte Jackson never lived up to his draft hype, Pryde doesn't inspire me, and the rest...christ.  May god protect Chinn.

No argument.

I know there are some folks who think we're just a good quarterback away from being a contender but I look at the roster more like you do.