• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tre Boston released

electro's horse

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I'm almost positive it is not what they want from their FS so someone else is going to have to fill that role.  I know Robinson was drafted with that deep safety role in mind, but lots of young competition there in that last line of defense.

Snow mentioned wanting Chinn playing as more of a safety going forward than a LB playing back like he did this season, so him as one of the starting safety makes sense.

Can I use this post to start the Marcus Mage train because I fuging would kill for us to pursue Marcus Maye

8 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

You mean all of the UNC fan boys.

I'm a self admitted UNC fan boy and I've always recognized that Boston is not a starting caliber NFL safety. Some college fans just can't separate the college game and the NFL game and I mean that both ways. They'll either want a guy solely because he played at a certain school or they'll trash a guy solely because he played at a certain school and it cracks me up because neither can recognize their bias while vigorously finger pointing at the other group.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm a self admitted UNC fan boy and I've always recognized that Boston is not a starting caliber NFL safety. Some college fans just can't separate the college game and the NFL game and I mean that both ways. They'll either want a guy solely because he played at a certain school or they'll trash a guy solely because he played at a certain school and it cracks me up because neither can recognize their bias while vigorously finger pointing at the other group.

My brother and my son are UNC grads and they think Boston is a great safety. I am sure they will be crushed over this move.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

May not be the place but what's your take on Suratt?

Just now, Panthera onca said:

My brother and my son are UNC grads and they think Boston is a great safety. I am sure they will be crushed over this move.

Yikes. He's still the same guy he was at UNC. An inconsistent player who can make some splash plays but makes more mistakes than good plays. He takes terrible angles and basically plays like a 4.5 guy who thinks he's a 4.3 guy. He isn't slow, he just thinks he's a lot faster than he actually is.

• Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yikes. He's still the same guy he was at UNC. An inconsistent player who can make some splash plays but makes more mistakes than good plays. He takes terrible angles and basically plays like a 4.5 guy who thinks he's a 4.3 guy. He isn't slow, he just thinks he's a lot faster than he actually is.

Marty and Ron always seemed to overvalue those type of guys.

(see: Godfrey, Charles; Reid, Eric)

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Rags said:

May not be the place but what's your take on Suratt?

I think he has a ton of potential. Gotta remember, he literally only has two years of experience playing defense at all. I do think he'll require a year or two of NFL experience and some patience to see what he'll become because of that though. He's going to get stuck on a lot of blocks and get caught up on the wash on a lot of plays early on in the NFL. But he definitely has the instincts and measurables to be a very good modern day NFL LB. I was somewhat disappointed he didn't make a leap forward this year after a year of playing MLB and I have to admit that I'm somewhat concerned that his backup who had minimal playing experience prior to the bowl game looked very good in his spot against a TAMU team that arguably should've been in the playoffs. Very surprisingly, missing Surratt didn't seem to have a negative impact at all for a defense that honestly wasn't very good. In my book that's a pretty big red flag for a guy who was basically the QB of the D. I honestly expected the D to look like trash without him and that wasn't the case at all. They competed well before they gassed out late. 

It was the opposite of Sam Howell who still looked like a stud despite missing both RBs and his #1 WR.

• Beer 1