Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

The quarterback carousel has broken down


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

 No surprise no one wants Bridgewater. They saw what we saw last season. What a terrible signing. 

Well the clip does say that people were calling us about Bridgewater, but same as with everybody else, nothing's happening right now.

Does make me wonder what we'd try to get out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if it's just slowed as the front offices dig into the draft prospects and really start considering whether they would be better if with a draftee or with a free agent/trade prospect.

Also, if the Watson situation is resolved one way or the other, we'll also probably see more movement in other directions for any team losing out on that. Watson's the lead domino and teams are just waiting for it to fall.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

makes sense.  You gotta think the Texans are going to want to hold off as long as possible and try to work something out.  

If they can't get him to budge then I think draft is where Watson would get moved if it happens. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CarolinaSunday said:

I wonder if it's just slowed as the front offices dig into the draft prospects and really start considering whether they would be better if with a draftee or with a free agent/trade prospect.

Also, if the Watson situation is resolved one way or the other, we'll also probably see more movement in other directions for any team losing out on that. Watson's the lead domino and teams are just waiting for it to fall.

 

That plus everybody waiting to see what everybody else is gonna do.

Darnold was expected to be the next domino, but the Jets are taking their sweet time deciding what to do with him.

I'd say that's a smart decision on their part, honestly.

(not something you hear said about the Jets all that much)

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If anyone is calling offering literally anything for Teddy, his ass should be GONE.

They could just be calling to ask questions rather than making an actual offer, though I vaguely remember somebody mentioning they thought we'd received an offer.

Might have been Verge but I don't remember.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If anyone is calling offering literally anything for Teddy, his ass should be GONE.

If the speculation is true and we’re holding onto him as a potential part of the Watson trade, that’s probably worth the 9th or 10th round pick we might get in a trade for Bridgewater...

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well the clip does say that people were calling us about Bridgewater, but same as with everybody else, nothing's happening right now.

Does make me wonder what we'd try to get out of it.

To be honest, I would think talking all his cap hit/dead money would be enough for us.  At least I would be ok with that.  

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If a team had a good offensive line and a strong defense, Teddy can work for them. We had neither of those last season and he just couldn't operate outside of that window.

He could also be a prime prospect for someone like Jacksonville to take as a warm-up act and bench coach for their QB. That's what I thought we would be doing with him here and we still could be looking at that possibility.

A good part of the problem we had with Teddy last season was Teddy, but it wasn't the entire problem. Our o-line was taken from the cast of Little Giants and our defense was Swiss cheese in cleats. We had receivers like no other team and a fairly okay running game, but no TE work and an offensive coordinator who literally could not watch the entire field. And don't get me started on not having CMC for most of the year -- that alone probably cost us four or more games.

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If anyone is calling offering literally anything for Teddy, his ass should be GONE.

We yeah of course but they also might want to see if he's able to be part of a bigger trade for a player or draft move.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

He could also be a prime prospect for someone like Jacksonville to take as a warm-up act and bench coach for their QB. That's what I thought we would be doing with him here and we still could be looking at that possibility.

I could see that.

And yeah, I had the same thought about us.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...